Smells like…

By makin bacon - 08/11/2019 20:00

Today, my idiot roommate read somewhere that bacon grease could be used on squeaky doors and windows. Now, we're desperately trying to scrub the rancid goop out of door hinges and window tracks. Our whole place smells like rotten pig ass and death. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 235
You deserved it 441

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh goodness, those Life Hack videos on FB have gone out of hand! WD-40 if it squeaks and it shouldn't. Duck Tape if it moves and it shouldn't. To quote Red Green; "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Try using baby powder to absorb the grease. It's fine enough that it can get into cracks and crevices and it will probably help with the smell too. After a while, brush it out of the cracks with an old toothbrush then vacuum it up. Then go buy yourself some W-D 40!

Comments

Oh goodness, those Life Hack videos on FB have gone out of hand! WD-40 if it squeaks and it shouldn't. Duck Tape if it moves and it shouldn't. To quote Red Green; "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

I know you're teasing! But for the uninformed: There's such thing as Duck Tape (Grey Sticky stuff everyone uses) and Duct Tape (Foil tape used for your HVAC Ducts!)

The grey tape is 3M Duct (with a t) Tape.

chickensheep 15

Actually they are the same thing... Duck Tape is just a brand name of duct tape.

Hmm well yes...technically. But ask any consumer and its synonymous with 'Duck tape'. Like everything is 'Kleenix' or 'q-tips'. I guess it depends on context if you're asking for it in store or situational conversations!

No, I use duct tape to leak-proof my HVAC ducts and duck tape to sound-proof my ducks (color coordinating - of course - per the pigment shade of their bills). Duct tape is a type of tape - while Kleenex and Q-Tips are brand names now used used as common vernacular to refer to an entire category of consumer products, respectively.

... and he didn't even try it on one hinge first but spread it around the whole place? Smart!

Try using baby powder to absorb the grease. It's fine enough that it can get into cracks and crevices and it will probably help with the smell too. After a while, brush it out of the cracks with an old toothbrush then vacuum it up. Then go buy yourself some W-D 40!

Bacon grease? What a ******* idiot. I use coconut oil because it doesn't smell and melts easily so it's able to get in all the cracks/crevices. Bacon grease is thick and not the best option, not including the smell.

Hot soapy water. Pour it through the hinges so the heat melts the grease and the soap washes it away. You’ll have to line your floor with towels and it may take 3-4 passes to get it all. Then re-lubricate with something that isn’t ******* perishable.