Selfish

By Anon - 10/10/2011 15:24 - Canada

Today, my mom yelled at me because I refused to lend her money. The reason I won't lend her money? The last time I did, she and my dad went out and bought a Macbook and a new car instead of paying bills. Apparently, I'm being 'selfish' by keeping my own money and putting it towards university. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 006
You deserved it 2 625

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

tylersign 11

Thank you for breaking it down, Dr. Obvious.

1- I disagree!!!! It's so IMMATURE of her!! (can you feel the sarcasm here???). Also if you're posting in response to #1's comment..might wanna say something related to the actual comment..*cough*13*cough*

no need to give me thumbs down, I was being sarcastic. -_____-

Savine 13

I know how you feel. My mom borrowed 2000 from me to "pay her rent" but bought her lover a Siberian husky with the money instead. Her electricity was in my name for a year because she owes the company money and she didn't pay the bill so I now owe BGE over 800 for electricity that I didn't use.

I don't know what it is but to me one of the saddest things is irresponsible parents who end up pressuring their kids to lend them money. Being a parent is supposed to mean you're older, and wiser, and a good example to your kid(s), and the power imbalance between parent and child means that it's often tough for the kid to say "no" even if she knows darn well his/her mom/dad is/are being irresponsible with the money.

kaykay20 0

Never heard of rent being that high unless she said she was behind 3 months....better do your homework next time she asks for money to make sure it's legit and make sure you have enough money left over for yourself to live off of.

marpay 11

105- you must live in a small city and not own a house. It's easy to have 2k rent if you own a house or rent in a large city.

kaykay20 0

Figured he was talking about a apartment not a house which can run to 400 to 800 a month last I checked. Currently live on base so never see how much is getting paid on the house I'm staying at. So not from a small town just never had to deal with house rent prices while on my own.

kaykay20 0

By the way how can she put it in your name if your not the one living there? Is that even legal? Thinking it's not since she was doing it to get out of paying what she owes them. I suggest letting the company know this and have them charge who actually owes them money...your mom.

Savine 13

That was the cost of the rent for her house, and I can't report my own mother for fraud (not because I care too much for her, but because she is raising my two little brothers and they would have nowhere to go if she went to jail )

Yeah what a stupid bitch, I would have bought a PC instead.

Sorry to burst your happy bubble, 19. I believe that name was meant for 13. It's ok though, captains are better than doctors :D.

Wow. They bought a MacBook and a new car? How much money did you lend her? I sincerely hope they have paid it all back.