Family bliss

By Teo - 27/11/2023 00:00 - New Zealand

Today, and most nights, my 17 year-old twins scream and shout while playing Fortnite. I asked if they could kindly not tonight, as I was tired and needed sleep. One told me I couldn't tell him to get off, he's allowed to play. I turned the WiFi off, which ended up with the other screaming and swearing how unfair i was. Now I can't sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 514
You deserved it 247

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lffayen 3

I would sleep peacefully with the router under my pillow until they come and respectfully apologize.

FYL. You don't ask them nicely if they cannot do it today. You tell them straight up to be quiet for tonight, and you will turn the wifi off if they don't. Tell them both. And then plug your ears, after you done it. Apparently, they want to scream with or without Fortnite. So they can do it without.

Comments

FYL. You don't ask them nicely if they cannot do it today. You tell them straight up to be quiet for tonight, and you will turn the wifi off if they don't. Tell them both. And then plug your ears, after you done it. Apparently, they want to scream with or without Fortnite. So they can do it without.

Lffayen 3

I would sleep peacefully with the router under my pillow until they come and respectfully apologize.

Peacefully? With the kids screaming outside?

Your fault. You could have said they're not allowed to scream, but why prohibit them from playing all together? What happened afterwards was extremely predictable.

009bouris 5

after how they acted they are lucky to even have access to play video games with or without WiFi. they are seventeen not seven who screams at their parents over video games at that age

009bouris 5

sounds like you need to take control of your household And the things you pay for

n3rdn3ss 8

Same, except it's just one kid, and they some how don't believe they are being too loud because they have a headset on and can't hear it themselves.

dragonladiesfire 19

Sounds like you need firm boundaries. "No video games after this time", "Quiet time starts at...", "We are respectful in this house and I need my sleep. So tonight there isn't any fortnite/video games". Were they able to play before you got home? If so, then they don't need to play and be loud when you're home.

grow some balls. them them you need your sleep so you can go to work to be able to pay for all that crap. keep the wifi off until they learn some respect. I would have whooped their ass a long time ago (figuratively).