Prevention

By CalyenaL - 13/05/2012 01:35 - Mexico - Tijuana

Today, I'm found out I'm pregnant. My husband and I spoke at length about how we were going to handle things, which included him "forbidding" me from having an epidural, because he doesn't want our baby to "come out addicted to drugs." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 787
You deserved it 3 138

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He will change his mind when you break his hand going into labor.

He's not the one pushing a baby out of his vag. Tell him it's your choice. And, sometimes doctors really want people to get them, so that they don't pass out from pain.

Comments

I didn't get the epidural... I hate needles and the pain was nothing I couldn't handle don't worry :) but it's still your choice

SexiMamita91 3

Exactly. Im planning on doing it natural too. As long everything goes well. I know that the pain will be intense so I know what im getting myself into. If a woman can't handle the pain.. use a condom or something.

courtneyann211 10

268- so you're saying I should have used a condom since I probably won't be able to push 2 children out within 10 minutes of each other without an epidural?! What if I have to have a c-section? They give epidurals for that too. Rethink your logic

Arlisshsr 9

Its a drug you other dumb commenters...thats what makes it funny...

SexiMamita91 3

Oh please im 9 months about to pop by the end of this month im planning on doing it natural. The way God intended it. Don't be such a cry baby. If u can't handle it then get it. Simple.

DrBlack 9

Wow, do you say that to everyone in pain? Check you out and your 'natural' way of doing 'what god intended'.

DrBlack 9

Next time you get a headache or toothache and you reach for the painkillers I hope someone stops you and say's 'No! Deal with it the way 'god' intended. Or maybe when you next use anything with any other chemical... like food. Do you cook everything naturally? Do you refrain from using microwaves and cookers? Do you wear clothes? Because hardly anything we as humans do is 'natural' anymore. ... and your going to be a mother? Dear god...

If that was the way "God intended it" then He wouldn't have given us the knowledge of medicine.

Tell him to push a bb out n c how he feels about no epideral.

laurapiggy 3

Really?!? Let's see him push a watermelon out of a hole in his body without anything! His involvement ends at insemination and picks up again at delivery, Between it's all you.

darkforever_fml 1

Belive me you will change your mind, idiot husband or not! you will resent him for this, you may for give him, but I bet you will never forget.

cnh2018 5

He will change his mind once the baby comes he will love him/her

Wow, "forbid"? He can offer his obviously uninformed opinion, certainly, but the decision is ultimately yours. In this case, I offer a George Carlin quote as advice - "So the next time some asshole says to you, "I have a right to my opinion," you say, "Oh yeah? Well, I have a right to my opinion, and my opinion is that you have no right to your opinion." Then shoot the **** and walk away!"

Acweston12 0

I just had a baby and my husband couldn't stand seeing me in pain... Kick yours in the balls about five times in s row and tell him to suck it up.... Wow this post makes me mad. How dare him.

Ok, so it seems things are getting a bit heated with this FML. I may not know much about the pain of labor but I do know that every pregnancy is different, so there can be many outcomes to using or not using epidural. So just because your birth went fine without it, doesn't mean that it'll be fine for the next lady in line, so can't we all admit that we could be wrong and let the women who posted this make her own choice on how she wants to deliver?