Prevention

By CalyenaL - 13/05/2012 01:35 - Mexico - Tijuana

Today, I'm found out I'm pregnant. My husband and I spoke at length about how we were going to handle things, which included him "forbidding" me from having an epidural, because he doesn't want our baby to "come out addicted to drugs." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 787
You deserved it 3 138

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He will change his mind when you break his hand going into labor.

He's not the one pushing a baby out of his vag. Tell him it's your choice. And, sometimes doctors really want people to get them, so that they don't pass out from pain.

Comments

Let him pass a kidney stone that will change his mind.....its your body you decide

Oh hell no hunny. I've gone into labor, if you have to let him know you will make sure his ass won't be in the room if he tries that. That shit hurts.

WTF... you tell him that when HE has the babies then HE can make those type of decisions!

dtemple1110 6

He can't tell you what to do, but you might not even want one, I was in labour for 40 hours then just had g&a to push. I didn't want anything, once an hours gone, it's an hour you don't have to do again, and an hour closer to it ending, and it'll seem like nothing once you hold you baby. I just get annoyed now when I hear about women screaming while having a baby and during labour. The most noise I made was saying I had to push.

courtneyann211 10

Not every women is like you, not every delivery is like yours. My best friend had her first baby smiling making no noise, second baby she was screaming her head off. Both without epidurals but obviously 2 different labors. So good for you having a painless delivery but remember, it's different for everybody

It was nowhere near painless, it was horrendous, but screaming just wastes your energy and makes it worse.

Well you obviously have a high pain tolerance. Not everyone is like you, so excuse the other women for screaming because it feels like the worst pain the world.

Tell him that you'll have a birth without an epidural, but only so long as you get to hold onto his testicles rather than his hand during it.

I did a natural birth and it really wasn't that unbearable, but, uh, yeah. The kid being addicted to drugs isn't one of the possible risks of the epidural. Send him to Snopes.com or something and make your own choice.

RKD 23

Tell him to have it then, if he doesn't want you having an epidural, yeah, send him to snopes or something like 255 said! I asked my sister one time what it was like to have a baby without an epidural and she said it felt like trying to defecate a boulder-tell hubby that and see if he is a little more compassionate!

They aren't addicted to drugs. But it does mess them up. My son wouldn't nurse for 24 hours. Epidural meds mess with their sucking reflex. I think that's why so many women give up breastfeeding early due to "no milk" when their baby actually isn't suckling right. Mine wore off too early, it wasn't worth it. But the choice is yours not your husbands.

courtneyann211 10

Hate to say this but a lot of women who have had natural births don't have their milk come down for 2-3 days after the baby was born. It's not because their baby wasn't suckling correctly. I personally know a few women who couldn't even get their milk to come down with a pump. Each persons bodies are different. Some lactate starting early on in their pregnancies, some late, some not at all. What makes you think milk coming down is any different?