Pile up

By neverforgetyourphone - 05/03/2015 01:18 - Canada - Barrie

Today, I got into an accident. As I was talking to a police officer about what happened, the tow truck driver managed to take my car and drive away, leaving me with no phone or wallet. I just spent an hour walking home in a hail storm. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 367
You deserved it 2 923

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Steffi3 40

Isn't the police officer supposed to bring you home safely in such cases? What an ass..

iLike2Teabag 27

You see, son, when a tow truck and a car love each other very much, they "hook up". This is followed by the truck giving the car a "ride", most likely to the tow yard. But afterwards, the tow truck will move on to hooking up with other cars, while OP's car is left alone, feeling used and very sad.

Comments

You should have asked the police officer if he could drive you home. Or at least provide with money for the bus.

go ahead and flood his apartment with water from your sink until he decides to call to get it fixed then. his fault that his problem isn't getting fixed.

So I guess asking to borrow someone's phone was out of the question?

Asshole to just drive off. In Australia when your car needs towing, the tow truck driver usually asks where you want to be dropped off. Seeing as you are no longer with car. Only the dodgy f*cks just take your car and go. Hell, when someone rear ended my 4WD, and my car was fine, there was a dodgy tow truck driver who would not GTFO and backed right in front of my car about to hook me up. Until I got in my car and drove away. The other guy was fine because the first dude on the scene was our local auto service and that guy was honest.

goatcheese4you 13

**** the police. Public servant should've taken you home

I highly doubt that would happen as the driver would confirm with you details and the officer would have clearly saw that you had no ride

Why would you not keep your wallet and phone in your pockets? Even if you took them out so you could provide police with proper identification, and used your phone while in your car to call them, wouldn't you put them back into your pockets after you were done with that part, before you got out and spoke with them, especially if you knew your car was getting towed as you were speaking?