Panic

By Distracted - 13/08/2009 12:18 - United States

Today, it was my first day at a new school. I pulled into the parking lot and saw this really cute guy. I was checking him out in my rear view mirror. When I looked ahead, there was something in the road, so I swirved real hard and took down an entire wooden fence. That something was a plastic bag. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 765
You deserved it 53 328

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is why, WHEN DRIVING, PAY ATTENTION IN FRONT OF YOU. Come on.... I can't stress this enough.

YDI. People like you shouldn't have a driving license at all.

Comments

YDI for jamming to your Clay Aiken CD in your car and not paying attention to where you were going.

Oh yes, I often mistake fences for children these days... WHAT AM I LIKE!!!!!

plutosaplanet 0

#14 is saying the op could have swerved and hit a kid instead of a fence dumbass....not the the op thinks fences look like kids. and yes please stop with the fmls of i was not paying attention and swerved to avoid a bag....im getting bored

I read the comnent too fast and thought he wrote, "what if the fence had a kid?" I was lost.

well... in America people may drive at 16. To me, they are still kids themselves.

Sometimes it can be more dangerous to swirve than to just hit the object in the road.

But, in this case, it wasn't. The object was a plastic bag.

How many FMLs do we need to read before the world realises that women shouldn't be allowed to drive cars.

heybud 0

are you kidding me. wow. your a douche.

How long before guys like you realise you're arrogant, pig-headed, assholes with an ego to big for your own good.

goodlookinat15 0

your a dumbass for not watching the road

liz1908 0

(lol #20) Yes, be happy OP, you saved an innocent bag's life, now it can go home to its family and say how it survived. How can people even get that distracted though...honestly...I zone out sometimes, have really ditzy dumbass moments, but it's not while driving... I don't drive anyways because no one will teach me how without freaking right out and making me panic =(

"have really ditzy dumbass moments" Something that you prob don't want to be proud of... You can't drive a car without freaking out with someone trying to help you? It's not that hard, either everyone you drive with is being complete douches or you are just terrible at driving in which case you shouldn't even try to drive unless going to a professional top of the line school.

boatkicker 4

When I was learning to drive I couldnt drive if my dad was helping me. Because his version of helping went like this: I turn onto a road with a 45mph speed limit. I get up to 20 miles an hour and then "SLOW THE **** DOWN YOU'RE GOING TO CAUSE AN ACCIDENT!" "Dad, I'm oging 25 miles below the speed limit, if I dont SPEED UP i'm going to cause an accident" "But there's a stop signed coming up!" "Not for another mile." "But you can't wait until you're AT the stop sign or you wont break in time!" "I also can't start slowing down a mile in advance when I'm going 20 in a 45 zone!" "Pull the car over! You make me nervous!"

That sounds eerily reminiscent of when I was learning to drive with my mom. *shudders*

#45 Umm....where on Earth did I say I was proud of having ditzy moments? *shakes head* And I said that the people I know can't teach me how to drive without freaking out (screaming at me), therfore making me panic and do it wrong. Not that I couldn't drive in the first place. You're the second person today I've had to explain myself to and it's getting REALLY ******* annoying... #58 That's exactly what I meant. My older sister did that when she was letting me drive and she made me freak out because I was trying to listen to what she was saying and keep an eye on the road at the same time. It's not like I don't have the potential to drive well, just everyone that's showing me how is making me uncomfortable with it.

CheshireHalli 19

I'm in school right now... lol Some schools start earlier than others.

"Today" does not actually have to be today, you know. It could've happened last year. And yes, people do have school in August.

katelynmarie 0

My school started August 6th. :/