Panic at the crosswalk

By Butterflyguy - 14/08/2009 17:10 - Canada

Today, I literally stopped traffic. I was crossing the street and a butterfly landed on me. Being phobic of butterflies, I had a panic attack in the middle of the road. Oh, and I am 17, captain of our football team, and in very good shape. My girlfriend laughed the hardest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 336
You deserved it 23 641

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dramakat11 0

Well, sounds like you've got a good life so whatev. But I do know how horrible panic attacks are--they are Hell so I feel for you. But why would you be scared of butterflies? That's insensitive of your gf but I don't know if I'd be able to help laughing either...

Comments

Being phobic makes all the different. If you're just 'afraid', you don't have a panic attack. Phobias and fears are two different things. Phobias are irrational. They cause people to respond to something innocous as if it's life-threatening. When I see a butterfly or moth, my gut instinct is that I'm in danger of being hurt somehow, even though I know they can't do anything to me. It sucks, and it's embarrassing as hell sometimes, because butterflies are generally well-liked (despite being just the same as any other insect with pretty wings tacked on), but it's not something anyone can control, and therefore not something they deserve. Gah.

I call shenanigans. I've heard similar stories about a pussy who's also captain of his football team. If you're going to post fake FML's, be a little more creative, people!

XRiseToFallAgain 0

It's actually possible to have a phobia of butterflies?

DollxFace 4

I think this is fake, Unless every 17 year old whos captain of a football team is a giant pansy. Seriously? a butterfly? If I was your girlfriend I'd laugh too.

that_guy321 2

would you possibly have been reading some old FML's lately? cause almost the EXACT same thing was posted, oh, about a month ago

that_guy321 2

there was one where someone was captain of the football team and was scared of the dark and another where someone was very scared of butterflies become more original, dumbass seriously... FML sucks these days.

Since when do butterflies land in streets with cars and traffic? I thought they had a phobia of that. :O

VampiressMiharu 0

That is by no means the weirdest phobia. Google a list of phobias or something, you'll know what I mean.

Im_cursed 0

YDI for being a ******.. its a ******* butterfly!! Quit being a lil bitch..

lol wtf does being in great shape have anything to do with you being a pussy?