Overreaction Man

By Anonymous - 07/04/2021 23:00

Today, I told my boyfriend I’m pregnant. He told me not to worry, he’d pay child support until it’s 18, and he’d be moved out of our flat by Friday. When I asked him why, he told me not to be stupid, no way was he being trapped into raising a kid. He didn’t even ask if it was a boy or girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 559
You deserved it 643

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bleachedraven 14

I'm sorry the relationship didn't work out. Birth control is a 2 way street. You are luckier than most, at least he is willing to pay financially.

I didn't put 2 and 2 together on how long it would have to have been to know the gender at first...but for the uninformed out there, most places won't tell you gender until HALF WAY through the pregnancy, so she knew for a while if she knew the gender.

Comments

I am sorry, It’s going to be a pretty tough time... Do not create a life unless you know both the mother to be and the father to be want the child - Otherwise you could have a disaster on your hands.

merikilee 15

If you decide to keep the baby get that in writing. Also the nanny he's going to pay for. It takes two to tango.

Glitterbaby2613 20

God didn't create them, man did

Do you want a list of all the things WRONG with what came out of your crap-hole in alphabetical order, chronological order or order of importance?

bleachedraven 14

I'm sorry the relationship didn't work out. Birth control is a 2 way street. You are luckier than most, at least he is willing to pay financially.

merikilee 15
Nhayaa2.0 17

So basically he's right, you kinda trapped him. Because if you know if it's a boy or a girl, it means it's probably too late to get an abortion. You made your choice on your own, not even thinking about what your ex would want. YDI.

I didn't put 2 and 2 together on how long it would have to have been to know the gender at first...but for the uninformed out there, most places won't tell you gender until HALF WAY through the pregnancy, so she knew for a while if she knew the gender.

Yummi_913 18

You can find out at 14 weeks, but that still means she had enough time to take pee tests, also get her first ultrasound, and possibly an NIPT for gender blood testing which takes even more time to get back the results of. She definitely knew she was pregnant for a while before telling him. Unless this was one of those super late discoveries where you get smacked with all the info all at once.

At least four months. I wonder if she lied about her period. I'm also worried of how she hid the pregnancy if its at the six month mark. I was skinny when I had my kids. At two months I had a baby bump. I totally missed the gender thing. I wonder if she had managed to hide it, would she be on "I didn't know I was pregnant "

It doesn't really say that she knows though, only that he didn't ask.

bobsanction 18

You really should have discussed children before this happened.

phybreawptic 13

You two are both at fault for this one.

How far along into your pregnancy are you that you wonder why he didn't ask about the kid's sex? And why wouldn't you tell him sooner?

Shit he seems rather mature about that all. Now it's on you to decide if you want to be a single mother or not.

"Well, if you didn't want children, you shouldn't have tried so hard to MAKE one...."