Overcooked

By poopiemanlol - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, I realized that you should never teach your 6 year-old child how to use the microwave, unless you want to be cleaning melted pet fish for about half an hour. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 151
You deserved it 11 912

Top comments

Lovely :| I think you need to teach your child not to kill pets!

Alice_Cullen7 0

lol, aww poor pet fish. but u should have been watching her!

Comments

How does a fish scream? LOL Poor thing... fish sticks, anyone?

King_of_Kings 3

@ Abbazabba You ******* idiot, you know how stupid it is giving your number out on a public site like this? Hell, even if it is not your own number, you are putting that other person in danger.

expen_dable 0

yeah because the weirdos like you who have no life will stalk that person

As you've just learned, you shouldn't teach a six-year-old to use a microwave, period.

dvd175 5

in my opinion, the stove and microwave should be off limits to children until they are at least 10 for the microwave, and 12 for the stove

Are you kidding?!?! I was using the microwave just fine when I was like 6 or 7. When I was 10, I was really good with the stove, I always cooked myself eggs :P 12? Nuh Uh... As long as you teach them how to use it, it's not really that dangerous

Unless of course, they put your pet fish inside and watch it melt.

I was taught how to make egg in a cup in the microwave when I was four. If you teach your kid responsibility and common sense (like that something used for cooking will kill a living creature) you shouldn't have problems.

LemonFairy 0

I think the problem is not that they learned how to use the microwave; it's that they didn't learn NOT to put living things in their first. FYL, but it was also a fail on your part.

agentawesome1 0

True, but she didn't expect the kid to put a fish in the microwave. (She might have taught her how to use it so she didn't break it...besides, it's not like she was going to stick a live PERSON in it.)

NotEven 0

What made you think it was a good idea to teach a 6 year old to use the microwave? I have a very mature 6 year old and there is no way I would allow her to touch the microwave. I am thinking YDI because you probably taught your kid to use the microwave because you were too lazy to make whatever he/she was asking for at the time. Parent FAIL.

expen_dable 0

...thank god my mom doesn't try to be cool and say embarrassing things like "Parent FAIL." weird...

Depends on the kid. When I was 7 or 8 I knew how to use the stove to make macaroni and cheese for myself and my siblings. I can't even remember how young I was when I started using the microwave. Nothing wrong with kids learning how to use it. And I mean, jeez, 6 is young, but by the time I was 6 I probably knew better than to put a live animal in the microwave....

i wholly agree, children shouldnt be allowed to operate such things and especially not without supervision. YDI.

meaganinja 12

Your child shall grow up sheltered and spoiled.

WOW. I feel sad for the fishy. Getting melted is one of the worst ways to die. *tear* The fishy didn't even have a chance... **** the fish'd life. BTW, you failed in life.