Omicron : Origin story

By IHaveThePower - 30/11/2021 11:01 - Canada - Ottawa

Today, I went in for a job interview. Apparently, this company feels masks are optional, vaccines are optional, and I don't ever need to visit my grandmother with dementia again. Luckily, I was able to escape before I needed to quarantine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 903
You deserved it 513

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You do "your own research," don't you?

Glad you reported and checked with your doctor. Sorry about your grandmother. Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Comments

That's awful, OP! Please report them for breaking mandates. Get tested just in case.

I reported them to the agency that sent me there--they're taking it from there. And I called my dr, I don't need to test or quarantine, luckily. I was able to have my grandparents over for Thanksgiving. (My grandma's decided vaccines are the debbil's work...she's also decided my dad buying her a DVD is a conspiracy.)

Glad you reported and checked with your doctor. Sorry about your grandmother. Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Well, we all know DVD stands for Diabolical Video Disc.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You do "your own research," don't you?

Marcella1016 31

Cz22mv...why don’t you just like...learn? All the data is out there. Vaccine gives you protection but not 100%. Like a bullet-proof vest. Vest doesn’t work if you’re shot in the head. So if you’re a cop going into a firefight do you just take off the vest? No, you probably have all kinds of additional gear on to help protect you. And they’re still not 100% but you have a way way better chance of not getting hurt, and a better chance of surviving if you do. You know who doesn’t? The guys in the fight with no gear. VACCINE FACTS: - Vaccine is ~95% effective at full strength (Pfizer and Moderna). This means you still have a 1 in 20 chance of getting the virus compared to someone without the vaccine. - If you do catch the virus with the vaccine, you are extremely unlikely to need hospitalization. It is small but still a slim chance. - You May catch the virus but be asymptomatic. This is why it’s still important to get tested if you’ve been exposed and continue to mask - assuming you have any kind of decency and don’t want to spread this shit to other people. - Masks ARE effective. Yes, N95 is best but anything helps. You’re trapped outside on a cold winters night and only have a small blanket. A heavy thermal heated sleeping bag would be much more effective but you don’t have one. So do you throw away the blanket? Of course not you ******* use that shit. - Home Depot has N95 masks on sale - 25 masks for $44. I bought several boxes for myself and my elderly, immune-compromised mother. And I wear a cloth mask on top. And my snowflake lungs haven’t died of suffocation, and no one has lost a part of their soul from being unable to see me smile. Weird. EVERYONE DYING IN THE HOSPITALS ARE THE UNVACCINATED, with some exceptions, obviously. Why don’t you people understand nuance? SOME vaccinated people get sick, and SOME die, but WE ALL NEED TO AT LEAST WEAR MASKS TO STOP THE SPREAD. WE ALL NEED TO GET TESTED IF WE HAVE SYMPTOMS OR HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO STOP THE SPREAD. But it doesn’t ******* matter. Really can’t atop the flood at this point. I’m just going to keep doing what I need to do to protect myself and my family from you ******* idiots, and I hope the population has shifted enough by 2022 to vote at least the craziest of the crazy out of our government. But I have no hope anymore.

you lost me at "masks work". How can masks with only .03 micron and larger filtration stop a virus that's .016 microns? do the research yourself, and maybe some math while you're at it.

You made the right, reasonable choice. On the other hand, I'll bet that company is a helluva lot of fun. With their loosey-goosey attitude, I'd think a lot of shenanigans go on at work.

Marcella1016 31

All of your comments now pair well with Yakety Sax.

wysegirl 24

I have a few coworkers who are not vaccinated. While they didn't want to get the vaccine they couldn't. keep yourself safe and good luck finding a job! Hopefully you can find one that works for you.

I mean they are optional. But you have every right to work in an environment where you feel safe