Oh no

By norina - 11/02/2014 10:01 - France - Paris

Today, at the bank where I work, I escorted a very short woman to her safe deposit box in the vault. I left her alone, knowing she could use the phone to call the reception when she was ready to leave. We later realised the phone was too high for her to reach. If glares could kill… FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 914
You deserved it 7 302

Same thing different taste

Top comments

should've used her safety deposit box as a step stool lol

Don't feel too bad OP, you didn't know that when you left her there. And she got out eventually.

Comments

olpally 32

Not much you can do about that one op. Can't always please everyone.

This sounds like a comical tv show episode plot

It is absolutely your fault. You do not simply "know" that a phone exists to call for exit. If you were remotely competent you would have said something in unctuous French like: "Take your time madam. When you're ready to leave, please use this phone here <gestural flourish> and someone with be with you right away." At this point you'd both notice that that is not going to be possible.

cryssycakesx3 22

exactly! I don't know how people are saying NHF. he knew she was short...

arandomusernameaa 20

When you do this 20 or so times a day, you don't tend to think about the various issues that could arise...

I guess I didn't realize that the customer was Snooki.

WD_Stevens 22

Oh dear. How long was she in there for?

AFCCT 7

She was in there for a small amount of time. After a little while, she went to leave. Being unable to reach the phone caused a miniature problem. Her temper was short, that's for sure. Her glare heightened the intensity of OP's situation.

threer 30

In the original French version, she was there for 2 hours, if my sources are correct.

Usually a security guard is near by...but I guess not...time to install a lower phone?

She couldn't take her shoe off and jump up and knock the phone off the hook? how short was she???

arandomusernameaa 20
hokie16 13

That still doesn't necessarily solve the problem of dialing.

At least you helped her. A mistake is a mistake it helps for next time.