Not respected anymore

By Anonymous - 24/04/2009 09:04 - Australia

Today, as a respected artist, I was running a workshop with a bunch of rowdy college kids. I was in the middle of demonstrating a painting technique when I accidentally washed my paintbrush in my coffee instead of my paint water. They waited until I then drank from it to burst out in hysterics. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 450
You deserved it 16 350

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI, there isn't a person in the world that wouldn't wait and watch that happen

Comments

I would think college students would have more maturity then to laugh at something like this. Apparently not.

SmoothTalker 0

apparently not respected enough :-D

Uconnrunner 0

What kind of arrogant asshole says "I'm a respected..."?! You clearly are since you are teaching a bunch of "art" students that aren't actually studying art of any type. Even if they WERE art students, they probably hate you or disrespect you enough to laugh. I am gonna at least go with that second one, going back to your first line, you obviously act that way to them. Kids are good at detecting snobs, and you are the king of them. When you see someone saying "I'm so awesome at basketball", don't you just wait for some tiny little white dude to come school them? That is exactly what happened to you, and you deserve it.

if this had happened to you, I seriously doubt you would've told yourself "shit happens get over it"

AntiChrist7 0

artist? you mean louzy ass who constanly smokes pod? YDI

i am an artist, and when i'm painting i usually have a drink placed near me. that's happen to me all the time but i've always realized it right after i dipped my brush in the wrong cup, so i've drank from it.

so i've *never* drank from it, i meant. sorry!

so_me_fml 0

Based on my knowledge of "artists", this is completely feasible. Some of them may be brilliant with a paintbrush, but let's face it guys, they just ain't always ALL there... And I do mean that in the most respectful way possible. Some of my favorite people in the world are artists, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize their endearing little quirks :)

UncleEntity 0

I love the way you describe yourself as a "respected artist". Your ego deserved that.