No good deed…

By noespresso - 15/08/2010 20:20 - United States

Today, after already having a terrible day, I went to Starbucks for an espresso. Being nice, I put the last dollar I had in my wallet in their tip jar. While paying for my drink, my card was denied for insufficient funds. The world hates me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 763
You deserved it 6 447

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some things happen that are beyond control (e.g. natural disasters...) but not knowing that you don't even have 5 bucks in your account before you try to use your card is well within your control. It has nothing to do with chance or the world "hating you". It has everything to do with your laziness and lack of initiative to keep track of your personal finances. Your card being declined is probably the best thing that could have happened to you. If you don't even have enough money for a cup of Starbucks coffee, then Starbucks is the last place you should be trying to buy coffee.

lovestrong 0

Comments

Awww well at least that one last dollar isn't as lonely anymore :)

FFML_314 11

No, it just means I hate her. I hater her, I hate her, I hate her, I hate her!

sallen0046 4

The world hates you because you can't manage your own money properly? I don't think so. Learn to keep track of your balance, it's incredibly easy to check. Seriously, would you prefer your card wasn't declined and you had to pay an overdraft fee?

hug_the_wall 0

ydi for actually tipping the people there. they make enough money charging you $6.00 just for a freaking hot chocolate..

yes. because I'm sure the people working there get ALL of that $6 for each one and not minimum wage or anything....idiot

I work at Starbucks and I love it. I get minimal wage just like everyone else and I don't get "commission" on every coffee.

Igor_g5 0

If you get food at an expensive restaurant do you think the servers are highly paid? You have to tip.

People who earn minimum wage totally appreciate the tips! Like #78 said, we don't get commission for each product that's sold...

sourgirl101 28

Ya I love over priced coffee!

LILWEEBY 0

wat if the drink was a dollor

FFML_314 11

None of the drinks are Starbucks are just one dollar. They're all at least three times that much!

KylaaKatastrophe 0

#38, at the dollor store.. Duhh!!