Most good songs are

By Cicie - 27/01/2017 03:06 - United States - Weatherford

Today, I discovered that one of my favourite, relatable sad songs is actually a song about gay sex. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 654
You deserved it 1 915

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If it helped you feel better, why worry about what the artist meant.

Which one? I need to know...I often get sad too.

Comments

Which one? I need to know...I often get sad too.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

ignore the dislikes, if u find it attractive, that's it choice

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

If it helped you feel better, why worry about what the artist meant.

So? One of my favourite songs (alive by Pearl Jam) is about incest. Doesn't mean I want to do my family.

dereksboo44 16
Suckmybigrooster 1

So what gay people can't be sad

LittleLittlered7 6

I don't think OP meant it that way, I think it's more of a FML bc the song didn't mean what OP thought it did. I went to HS with a girl who was devastated when we told her Meatloaf's "I will do anything for love" was not a song about abstinence.

cootiequeen4444 11

what type of gay people are you talking about? Might not be as offrnsive as some people think. Because technically you aren't wrong if you mean gay people when using gay as meaning happy. As that was the first definition of the word.

cootiequeen4444 11

wait. you are missing a question mark aren't you? if so, my bad, ignore my previous comment.

So what if the song is about gay people? You don't have to be gay to enjoy it. Hell, I listen to songs in other languages and can't understand a word, but I still enjoy listening to them. The point being, if it's a good song and you feel like you can vibe with it, the rest shouldn't matter. And if a song you related to being written about gay people is really the biggest thing you can complain about, you must have a pretty good life. Also it kinda makes you sound like a bigot for posting an FML about it, because it leaves the implication that the "gay" part is what's bugging you about it. But that's not my place to assume.

I think it's more that the song's about sex than it is that it's about gay people. Granted, they didn't have to specify, but I didn't get the feeling there was any homophobia in the post. They're just disappointed it's about sex and not sadness.

Fair point, but all the same, my original point still stands. You can make your own meaning out of it. There are ways to enjoy a song without having to know or acknowledge what it's about.