Mommy issues

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, as I was picking up my 7 year-old daughter at my ex-husband's house, my daughter started crying saying that she wanted to stay with Daddy forever. I asked why. She said her stepmom was a better mommy. Apparently, the woman who broke up my marriage is now a better "Mommy." FML
I agree, your life sucks 103 805
You deserved it 9 326

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sometimes kids play off on parent against the other to get stuff. You know, step mummy's better because she lets me eat fast food, watch tv late... or something to try and get you to do the same. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Comments

Don't worry, when your daughter hits puberty, she'll realize that her stepmom is a ***** and will eventually hate her guts. I hate all stepmothers. They're all *****. Real moms are the best!

People! Stop being so mean and saying "Kids are a pest, kids are brats!" and that sort of thing- we're not all bad!!!!

"ya my step mom is better than my real mom cuz she gives me shit"... dont worry about it girl, its all about bribes on the other womans behalf, besides the only way to tell if you're a good parent is by how much your kids complain.

kitty03 0

She's probably not the better mom, but is trying to make nice with your kid. Probably lets her get away with stuff you wouldn't let her get away with, gives her junk food, buys her stuff.

Omg, that completely sucks D: well, she's just a kid, i'm sure she'll appreciate you when she's older (:

kawaiimomo 0

aww i'm sorry but dont' worry she'll love you way more when she gets older.

squeaksx24 0

Ouch! She probably was just mad at you for some silly reason. She probably didn't mean it.

xxKittyxx 0

thats so mean dont worry i bet ur a good mommy