Make it stop

By SnuggieOverload - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I finally found out that someone had stolen my debit card and maxed it out. The good news? Whoever it was forgot to change the address on the card, so everything they bought online has been shipped to me. The bad news? I've received 16 snuggies so far, and I'm still counting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 293
You deserved it 3 766

Same thing different taste

Not a morning person at the best of times

By shouldhavestayedinbed - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United Kingdom

Today, my doorbell rang while I was still in bed. I leapt out and immediately got a severe cramp in one leg, then, staggering around trying to throw some clothes on, I scraped the other leg badly enough to draw blood. When I got to the door there was nobody there, just a parcel on the doorstep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 685
You deserved it 2 162

Top comments

They're the blanket! With sleeves! Can you send me one? :D

KayleeFrye 39

Go on YouTube, and watch the Snuggie parody..."The What the F*#K Blanket." It will cheer you up!

Comments

They're the blanket! With sleeves! Can you send me one? :D

debit card? dont you need a PIN for that , and since when could you buy online with debit? Also, how do you max out a debit card? hmmmmm what a conundrum

KayleeFrye 39

Many debit cards can be used as credit cards, I use mine to buy things online sometimes. If you use it as a credit card, you don't need your PIN. Also, the way you max out a debit card is to empty the bank account.

You don't need a PIN for online stuff and debit cards can work the same as a credit card. I assume "maxed out" here means that the Op's account was drained. OP: your name made me laugh.

pancakes_n_syrup 0

It works with more than just Visa, it works with any debit card. And yeah online no pin is required, they just charge it as a credit. Not really a conundrum..really simple to understand actually Now the more important question - what color are the snuggies?

meh, I just have experience with VISA debits online. I'm sure it'll work with any other though.

how is this an FML you have snuggies now.

Ox_Baker 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
jchansfan 0

lol Chill out dude. She did phrase it poorly. Most people would say "drained my bank account" rather than "maxed it out" as maxed out specifically refers to credit cards. Also, just people your debit card works online doesn't mean its the same everywhere. I'm pretty sure Canada doesn't have any or if so, not very many, banks that allow you to use your debit online. So i'm pretty sure you're the one taht looks like an idiot... =)

free2speak 14

I don't get it. Debit cards don't have the address of the owner on it. And you can't find out anything about a person with just their debit because all banks require at least last four digits of social security number to tell you anything. And debit cards are harder to deal with because the cash is instantly transferred from the bank to the other business/person's account. I think someone who knew OP did it. OP, did you piss anyone off recently?

Some debit cards can be used as a credit card too. I use mine online all the time. I would assume maxing it out means using up all available funds...??

You have been always able to buy online with a debit. Most if not ALL banks treat a debit as a credit.. The reason this is a FML, is since it was all shipped to their address, the OP can't claim it was stolen, in turn getting all their money back.

Would of been better if you've gotten Shamwows or Slapchops.

#107really you are in idiot.... if your going to be this stupid you shouldn't comment on things. I have only a debit card since I don't want a credit card till I'm engaged or married and I have bought a lot of things off line and shocker it worked!

christa953 12

someones gonna be toasty warm this winter!!

ok, just to clear some stuff up. just because the States has had online debit cards for awhile doesn't mean that the rest of the world has had them. Coincidentally, Canada (where I am from) just started using online debit cards, and that is only with one bank, also now ( in Canada) you need a PIN when using your Mastercard/VISA...

umm, #9, ignorant much? don't act like you know everything, because you were obviously way off on you "stupid accusation" idiot

KayleeFrye 39

Go on YouTube, and watch the Snuggie parody..."The What the F*#K Blanket." It will cheer you up!

KayleeFrye 39

No matter where it originated, it's frickin' hilarious!

BoWZeR 1

my gf calls me snuggie..=] I love that bitch

...At times like this, all you can do is laugh. But hey, at least you'll never be cold again!

kiit_fml 0

I'm pretty sure if they bought that many, they didn't "forget" to change the address. Sounds more like they wanted to rub in your face that they swiped your card, and that you were out a bunch of money. On the bright side, now you don't have to fight with blankets when you need to do anything.

the_stereotype 0

i would have thought that they kept buying them because the snuggie hadn't come to their address. on the other hand...it's kind of funny...maxing out a card on snuggies. OP, if you can't return them, sell them on ebay or something.

mina_8 0

Well since you're receiving them all you can at least return them when this is sorted out. Or maybe keep a few... :D

gingermo 0

why is this an FML? snuggies fukin rock!! XD

ahaahahah maybe next you will get something even more special.

waterynuggets 0

Pics or it didn't happen. I say this because I would like to see what kind you got. Zebra print? Send me one if so

They probably kept the same address on purpose. Who would someone order 16 snuggies for themself?