Lost

By Anonymous - 19/04/2013 10:17 - Germany - Berlin

Today, it's my only day off work in a while. I told my boss I'd be available via phone in case of emergencies. So far I've been called three times: To ask how the fax works, to let me know it's a slow day, and to ask me where the letter R is on a keyboard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 970
You deserved it 5 981

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If your boss or coworkers don't know where the letter R is on a keyboard, then it is definitely an emergency and they need to go back to grade school.

knight0748 5

Sounds like he's screwing with cuz it's a slow day. :/

Comments

Well, those queRty keyboards do keep switching the letters...

RedPillSucks 31

When you go back to work, switch his computer to use the Dvorak keyboard layout and take the next day off with no phone contact.

It sounds like they were intentionally teasing OP. Very cheeky boss.

that's horrible. you shoukd do like I do & not answer the phone anymore. next time don't offer your services on your day off.

Wow XD I remember when I was still quite unfamiliar with the Russian keyboard and when I didn't know where a letter was (since I have a keyboard with Latin letters and it was just set to Russian), I would just type in every letter, until I'd find the correct one. I did this soooo many times X)

Screen your calls. You said you would be available by phone for emergencies. You can call back if it is an actual emergency, but ignore the BS calls. This is a solution completely within the scope of what you agreed.

Sounds like someone ****** their way to the top if the don't know how to do their job.

Orbdragon 5

I'm not sure of the layout of the standard German keyboard, but on a qwerty, the R key is just above F key, and is the third letter left of the U key.

brandonkb93 5

Lol I laughed so hard at the letter R