Looks good

By Anonymous - 12/08/2009 20:12 - Denmark

Today, I got stung by a bee. On my eyelid. I'm allergic so it's swollen up so much, I can't even open my eye. Tomorrow is the first day of a new prestigious school. I either have to go to school wearing an eye-patch or walk around looking like a monster. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 827
You deserved it 3 325

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shock98 0

wear an eye-patch. they'll think you're super badass.

Comments

Quit whining and get over yourself. It will go away soon enough. Don't be so concerned about looks at your "prestigious" school.

anonymous072883 0

coming from a person who had to wear an eye patch for several years to strengthen a weak eye after many surgeries with lazy eye, wear the eye patch but maybe tell them you had lasik if you don't want anyone asking to see how swollen your eye is. if you tell them about the bee sting, odds are they may pester you to see it, but lasik is not so interesting as it's pretty common these days. considering it is a prestigious school as you mentioned, it may be more accepted than making up any crazy stories. when your eye heals, take it off and no one will even question it. let's be honest, eye patches do not get you noticed in a good way unless it's halloween or you're in a movie.

pinkpanther69 2

Definetly wear the patch. It makes people look cool and this may be a sterotype but like a pirate..but hey pirates are cool..just walk around going aye aye matey and arrrrrrgh

anonymous072883 0

also, to everyone who says this person is not allergic to bees, remember that there are different levels of allergies for different people and things. for instance, my husband is allergic to shell fish. if he eats it, he breaks out into hives and his throat gets swollen. however, it usually passes within a day or two and is not severe enough to require hospitalization. it was one bee sting, not a swarm of bees.

Clairina 0

go with the eye patch. eye patches are awesome!

Now: - put ice on it - make, refrigerate, and use a little paste of baking soda with water - take benadryl and ibuprofen Tomorrow: - use makeup to your advantage. on your swollen eye, put concealer over whatever is red or pink, then brush over it with powder. use a dark brownish where the crease of your eye usually is to create the illusion that your currently-swollen eye still dips in there, and use a lighter shade on the lid and up by your eyebrow. if you're a guy, borrow this stuff from a girl, and stop here. if you're a girl, you might want to put a little colored shadow (though i'd avoid purples, you might end up looking battered) on both eyelids, maybe a soft green or blue. apply a nice thick layer of mascara. - try to keep a lock of hair in a good area for covering your eye - wear sunglasses as much as you can - don't worry about it! school is primarily for learning, and prestige comes from academic achievement anyway. yeah, so it'll be kind of weird to have a swollen eye. I've had one twice in the last year, though, and it's really not been as bad as i thought. people look at you a little funny, then in a few days it's gone and everything is normal again, and people comment on how pretty you've been looking again.

misterman2 3

Eyepatches are badass, and pirates are sexy! DO EET!