Living my best life

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my electricity went out. The electric company said it was because the bill was at least 4 months overdue. Apparently, I have been paying for my roommate to go out and party for weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 527
You deserved it 4 111

Top comments

amatayo 0

4 months with out turning it off that's amazing

busdrivertohell 0

Comments

For 4 months the Electric company never sent you a notice of your account and it being overdue? =/

Live_And_Let_Liv 0

i hope u tossed ur roomate out on her a**

FAKE.. If you missed a payment, it'll be written on your next billing. And I'm sure you received your bill as you've been paying them for 4 months.. Fake something more intelligent please.

Intellectualist 0

Don't be that guy. Nobody likes that guy.

greatnt249 0

You're an idiot, #15...you don't have to physically see the bill to pay your share of the electric bill.

What it sounds like is the OP gave the roommate the money for the electric bill and they were supposed to pay it. My and my old college roommate did some like that. She paid the gas bill and I paid the electric. And yeah, I found out she wasnt paying the bill when the gas company called to say they were going to turn the gas off.

Ya the fact that no payments have been made would show up on the bill but the account is probably in the roommate's name and the OP trusted her roommate enough to pay it faithfully every month.....this is not the first time I've heard of something like this

I'm shocked that you let your roommate have the power to get juiced. At least, the buzz you bought her won't electrocute anyone.

Assuming you name wasn't on the account, otherwise you would have seen the bills with the big, bold, text saying past due; How did you get them on the phone to tell you that it was 4 months behind in payment, they normally don't give non-account holders the time of day. So either an idiot or the story doesn't make sense. YDI.

Both their names might have been on the account, and a lot of people do all their bills via internet banking. Also if you ring up and ask why your power is off they're not going to withold that information simply because your name isn't on the account.

All you need is a Walmartmoneycard/Green Dot card and then from now on pay them yourself. Your roomie is a douche though. I learned the same way though last year. Dont give ANYONE money except the Bill Collector themselves...

hyderabadi 0

Definitely deserved. dont trust anyone with your money! pay the damn bills yourself, or at least be there when he is paying them. Get a new roommate, or move in with your parents.

Sounds like grandma's boy to me hmmmm? anyone else see that movie? But really if that did happen look into new roommate's OP.