Living my best life

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my electricity went out. The electric company said it was because the bill was at least 4 months overdue. Apparently, I have been paying for my roommate to go out and party for weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 527
You deserved it 4 111

Top comments

amatayo 0

4 months with out turning it off that's amazing

busdrivertohell 0

Comments

caticaticati 3

Everyone saying the OP deserves it for not looking at the bill or writing checks - my apartment has ONE key for mail and it's on MY keyring. I am the only one that checks the mail - if my roommate doesn't ask to see the bills, I don't see any reason to show her. I tell her how much it is and she gives me her half and I write a check to the company for the total. When she gives me her half, she writes me a check. In my name. This is how we do rent as well.

MetalCraze 11

When i was 19 i was staying with my mom to help out with her bills so i gave her half the rent each month. Turns out she hadn't paid the rent in four months and we got exvicted.

*Shrugs* Why wouldn't you keep track of what the bill was each month? In the last house I lived in, all our bills were posted where everyone could see them so every one could verify their share of the bill.

I say, make your roommate pay. ..... Sorry, the rhyming was unintentional. >.

totally agree with number 26. u should totally judge judy ur roommate's ass.

I'd steal something from your roommate. They deserve it.

FYL for having a douche roommate. How big (deep?) your life is ****** depends on who's name is on the lease and if the roommate has any thing of value, savings or income that you can garnish to get your $$ back. Catch-22 situation; If you kick her out, you may never see her or your $$. If you let her stay, you have to support her until she pays you back.

first: Is your roommate going to physically beat you down for doing something back to him? If so, you're just a sucker for being in this situation. second: if you answered NO to the first question, you piss on him while he is sleeping. If he wakes (he will), you beat him down. third: you move out and be happy the bill wasn't in your name.

From now on right a check to the electric company in the amount of your portion. That way s/he can't go shopping with your cash and you know at least your portion gets paid. If I was your roommate I would take your money too. Sucks for you.