Joyful news!

By AGeeksWife - 12/09/2012 07:03 - United States - Saukville

Today, I learned that I'm expecting twins. A boy and a girl. My husband, upon finding out about this, immediately suggested that we give them Star Wars names. But not Luke and Leia. Oh no. He wants to name them Darth and Vayda. And he is absolutely serious about this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 361
You deserved it 4 210

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You may as well have a lawyer on retainer for when they both want to change their names on their 18th birthday. Vayda is actually kind of cool. At least he doesn't want Yoda or Jar Jar.

Oh dear. Hope you told him where to shove those suggestions.

Comments

Really, if you think about it, they aren't THAT bad. He could want to name them Chewbacca and Ewok. My cousin's husband wanted to name their child Thor, and he was dead-serious. THAT is scary.

Imagine his childhood "oh mighty god of thunder, smite me with your thunderbolt"

I've known a kid with that name, wasn't that bad. But Darth... it's almost like dirt, you know?

Thor is a perfectly normal name in scandinavia. Or Tor. Actually know many whos name is spelled either way.

I named my son Odin, after my grandfather whose parents came from Norway.

"I'm Thor." "You're Thor?" "Well, it hurths." Thank you & good night!

Haha! My dad actually wanted to name my older brother "Thor." My brother's best friends dad wanted to name his son "Ag." Just imagine to best friends walking around as Ag and Thor

I remember having a kid named Thor in one of my classes in high school. I thought it was a pretty cool name.

169- AHHHHH!!!! I love your reference to Aladdin!!!! If I ever have twins, I want to name them either Apollo(or Helios) and Selene :) so they would be the moon and sun

202- if you're going Greek mythology with the twin gods of the sun and moon, it's apollo and artemis

Azrael9 11

Would have been pretty awesome, especially if the kid grew up and joined a metal band. I mean how could a band not be epic with a member named Thor?

I know it's Apollo am Artemis, but I really LOVE the name variation of Selene =/

Kyle225 3
KiddNYC1O 20

And people will ask the twins if their parents hate them .

Don't be surprised if he tries to get you to do Vader breathing while in labor.

jem970 19

Hahahahahahahahahaha! Oh my god! Well done! This made me laugh like crazy.

challan 19

I honestly think those names are cool, and that they'll love them. Darth is harass, and Caudal is lovely and unique. Together they rock too!

Just sign the birth certificate without him knowing and pick the names you want, my friend did that :)

Oooh... such a lovely friend that you have there. With so much respect for her partner, I can't believe there aren't more happily married couples like that.

Your friend is a scumbag. Just because a scumbag friend you have did something doesn't mean you should tell others to do the same.

Marcella1016 31

That's just as well...naming them Luke and Leia is just asking for trouble. That awkward moment when you walk in on your kids kissing...

I think it'd be best to Luke around for some other options, and hopefully you'll be able to Chews the right one. Try and Light the way with some suggestions, but for now, let your husband Saber his 'clever choices'.

Nanael_fml 4

I see what you did there. The force is strong with this one

senbonzakura90 3
redcyph 3

Tell him that's a horrible idea and if he doesn't want his kids to be made fun of for the majority of their adolescence, he would reconsider.