Insane parents

By can’t nerd right - 04/08/2020 02:02

Today, I was wondering why the new book series I'd ordered hadn’t arrived. I ordered new books because my mom constantly bitched at me about being on the internet too often. She took my laptop away to "teach me a lesson". Only I need my laptop to get the confirmation number to track my books. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 408
You deserved it 210

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bloopaloop 27

Well, you got on FML, so... go track your books.

I mean, technically you don't need to compulsively track your packages, unless it's way late.

Comments

I see that she's taught you at least two lessons. 1) Don't let mom take your laptop. 2) Get a smartphone. Class dismissed.

Even my flip-phone in HS 15 years ago could show webpages!

But you'd look like a has-been from the 20-aught's. Who wants that?

Well if he wants his books before posting to FML... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bloopaloop 27

Well, you got on FML, so... go track your books.

I mean, technically you don't need to compulsively track your packages, unless it's way late.

You're using some electronic device to post on FML, so...is there a reason you can't use that device to track your books?

rotflqtms_ 21

Sign in on whatever device you posted the FML from and track the books. You don't NEED the laptop to get the books. Unless it's super late, you don't even need to track it. You could just wait for it or sign in on your other device. If it can access FML, it can access the website that you bought your books from... and wherever your confirmation number was sent.

It sounds like a solid choice for her to take it away. Especially because you’re making up unnecessary reasons why you ‘need’ it. Learn to live without constantly being on one form of electronic device or another.