Heartbreaking

By Anonymous - 03/12/2020 02:02

Today, I ran into a childhood friend for the first time in years. It turned out her mother died of COVID a few days ago. It was heartbreaking to see her close to tears all the time we talked, but due to distancing I couldn't even hug her to make her feel better. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 348
You deserved it 134

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xxlk4xx 6

that would be really hard! I'm sure you at least said "I wish I could give you a big hug!" I'm sure your friend knows you want to hug them. also I'm confused as to why people clicked the you deserve it button?!

Yummi_913 18

Comments

xxlk4xx 6

that would be really hard! I'm sure you at least said "I wish I could give you a big hug!" I'm sure your friend knows you want to hug them. also I'm confused as to why people clicked the you deserve it button?!

coius 23

You could from behind if you turned heads opposite ways before hugging then straight up wash hands right after and change clothes. But then again, if you both wore masks (and you should be), I think you’d be safe enough for a quick hug. The virus spreads at most while talking face to face or coughing or sneezing. Hold breath during hug and face the same way for both and it’ll really minimize ability to transfer. Most people need to do some research how it spreads. I never would downplay this (as I’m at a high risk for dying from CoVid) but there are known rules of science how these transfers, and there are varying degrees of safety. But if you do things right, theres very little risk in transmission. Even less if out doors with active air movement. You’d have to damn near cough/sneeze directly into a person’s face outside to spread it.