Harsh

By mugs - 12/03/2009 19:49 - United States

Today, I asked my parents if the outfit I was wearing made me look fat. My mom looked at me and paused for a while; my dad said, "Honey, that outfit doesn't make you look fat. Your fat makes you look fat." FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 673
You deserved it 23 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kagome_eb 0

hahaha am sorry he is right, don't ask people questions unless you want to hear the true.

Comments

415chick 0

for real? damn ur dad is fugged up!

cryssycakesx3 22

"fugged?" I think some of YOUR** keys are stuck.

This is probably my most favorite FML. :DDDD

Ahw! That's so mean! That happened to me yesterday! I asked "does this outfit make me look lumpy?" and the response i got was "No, your lumps make you look lumpy" I was like FML!

cryssycakesx3 22

there's no h in aw. this sounds phony to me. who asks if they look lumpy?

strawberryswirl 0

This IS terrible, but a woman should never ask if a dress makes her look fat. There's no way you'll like the answer. If you feel fat in it, don't wear/buy it.

bored724 0

that's what you get for asking that with a male around, but maybe your dad coukd be a teeny bit more sensitive

ashleyloller 0

well, if you weren't fat you wouldn't have this problem. i do believe that you brought this upon yourself. don't get offended when you're obviously fat and you ask someone if the outfit makes you look fat and they tell you what you need to hear. just don't. it makes you look stupid. but hey, look on the bright side! you won't get hurt as bad if you fall off of the top of a building. your fat will protect you!

L M F A O HAHAHAHAHAHA THIS SHIT MADE ME LAFF fat ass

cryssycakesx3 22

What an awful thing to say. If the outfit didn't look good on you, there are kinder, more tactful ways to say it. My grandmother taught my mother to say, and I will probably say when I have a daughter, "Well, dear, it just doesn't do a thing for you." That way you acknowledge that there are beautiful things about someone to be emphasized, and suggest that it's the outfit that's the problem, not the person wearing it. If you think your dad is right and want to lose weight, go for it. But if you are happy with the way you look, don't let anyone tear you down. You are only as beautiful as you believe yourself to be.