Gym bro

By sarah_sad - 25/03/2009 01:48 - United States

Today, I went to the gym with two of my friends expecting to pay a guest fee but the cute guy working at the front desk let me in for free. On the way out after working out I started to flirt with him and he said, "Don't flatter yourself, I just let you in because I'm lazy." FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 705
You deserved it 16 738

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What's with people trying to make vigilante justice over this? He was lazy so he let her in. She got the wrong impression and tried to hit on him. He's obviously had a long day at work, so he flat out tells her to stop trying. Maybe he's taken. Those who would attack the guy physically or professionally must be sociopaths or something. Plus, he totally saved her like, 5-10 bucks.

don't take it so hard, he gets it all the time and is sick of it.

Comments

Agree with #18,21, you were probably all over him >.>

lollz ouch dude. cute but meeean. ah well, at least you still got in for free

thank you 10 for the shred of sanity here... I don't get how this is FML material. She got in for free. Or maybe she's a he. Whatever. This basically boils down to "FML because a cute guy wasn't interested in me" ... give me a break.

seitosilver 0

"Don't flatter yourself, I'm gay"

I've done that too many times.... Though noone ever flirts with me =[ lol

braFTW 0

Well, were you being presumptuous about your beaty?

Who cares? You're not his type. Get over it.

AlexJakubsen1 0

girl he was just teasing you. thats how men are taught to flirt, and you girls are supposed to like it.

wtf? 1) Why would an employee that has to deal with the public be so rude. 2) Lazy+Gym should not go together. It's like those people who insist on parking in the first 5 spaces in the gym parking lot. You're at the gym. Park in the back and take a short walk.

#11 and anyone saying YDI - Just because she was trying to flirt doesn't mean she was fishing for compliments. It is possible to flirt without trying to fish for compliments or flatter yourself. When people flirt, at least the people I know, it's because they want to express their interest in someone as someone. There are people that do it to make themselves feel special, true, but who's to say the OP is one of them. It basically sounds like she got the wrong impression, which could be understandable because it would seem more likely that someone would risk their job to let one girl in because he was interested rather than let people in because he is lazy. I think the FML is more "FML that was really embarrassing in front of my friends and people in the gym" rather than "FML one boy doesn't like me." Granted, the guy could have been a little nicer about it too. I've gotten hit on at work plenty of times but I have a little more tact than just blurting out "don't flatter yourself." Yeah, some people get annoying, especially the drunk ones, but there's always a way to respectfully decline. It would be just as easy to say "sorry, I'm taken" or "sorry, I'm not interested." Even those are a lot less blunt than what he said.