Geography

By Fhhmylifeman - 11/04/2021 11:00

Today, I invited my Peruvian girlfriend to my parent’s house for dinner. They decorated the house with Mexican flag and Fiesta lanyards, and bought Taco Bell. My girlfriend is vegetarian and had to explain to them that no, Peru is not a city in Mexico. It’s been 3 hours and she won’t pick up her calls. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 160
You deserved it 212

Same thing different taste

Top comments

slhiggx 17

Did you mention to your parents she is vegetarian?

vadarose 12

It’s not immaturity it’s the fact that it’s disrespectful to think that Latinos are all Mexican. They heard a country that was from South America and assumed she’d be okay with a caricature of a different culture because “it’s all the same anyway”. On top of that she’s ******* vegetarian.

Comments

Lydmyers 9

kinda mean of your girlfriend... I mean, her parents did everything they could to be accepting and welcoming. it was an innocent mistake.

slhiggx 17

Did you mention to your parents she is vegetarian?

I'd imagine that it would have come up if she was going over to........ eat food.....

If she's so immature that she is mad at you for your parents trying to do a nice thing but being confused, and ignoring you, tgen you can do better amyway.

vadarose 12

It’s not immaturity it’s the fact that it’s disrespectful to think that Latinos are all Mexican. They heard a country that was from South America and assumed she’d be okay with a caricature of a different culture because “it’s all the same anyway”. On top of that she’s ******* vegetarian.

I get that. But she's punishing her boyfriend for something his parents did. THAT'S immaturity, to hold one person responsible for the actions of another person.

And I bet he forgot to mention to them that she's a vegetarian.

DrSamba1 8

My ex-wife and I once visited her sister's family. They were all excited because their daughter had brought over her Brazilian boyfriend who spoke very little English and they thought I'd be able to converse with him. I speak Spanish, not Portuguese.

Your parents are idiots. Did nobody tell them that 1) Peru and Mexico are two different countries with two different cultures and 2) your girlfriend is a vegetarian?

Rydiel 11

the parents obviously put the effort in, it should've just been a good laugh and polite correction, she's definitely being unreasonable. or theres another reason

First who serves the country of origin foods? AND did you tell your parents she was a vegetarian?

Ashenfall 3

Your parents were completely clueless and didn't do any research but at least they tried. Your girlfriend is behaving like a child. Might want to rethink that relationship...