Gassy

By MuteNToot - 26/02/2015 21:17

Today, my friend was confiding all her problems to me over Skype. I pressed the mute button so I could let out a fart, forgetting I'd already muted it earlier. I broke several minutes of my own silence with a devastating wet one. Now she won't talk to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 969
You deserved it 14 350

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A true friend wouldn't mind a little flatulence

Tessa_11 19

Why did you have it muted before that anyway??

Comments

I can only imagine the magnitude of the "wet fart" that made your friend stop talking to you... or, alternatively, a bad and weird position of your mic. Anyway, it was unfortunate and I hope that you two settle things right.

150493x 29

A really unfortunate situation to be in but I couldn't help but chuckle at your username. Genius.

Agreed. I came on this fml solely to comment on how awesome their name is.

sahmnc420 13

A real friend would be laughing

Not YDI for farting. YDI for muting your friend when she chose to confide in you with her problems. What true friend does that?

150493x 29
sweetnsourrr 11

Aside from the fart, I'd still like to know why OP muted.

Maybe he doesn't interrupt or he thinks the background noises will be distracting to him.

potaytoe 5

So that there's no background noises to make her feel interrupted or anything, she probably got upset thinking op was being rude/ not caring, which is exactly why mute was on :) hope that helped a bit

To those who don't get it, OP muted their own microphone, probably as to not interrupt. They didn't mute their friend's sound.

iAmPaul 49

Looks like you're the one who doesn't get it. OP could hear his friend all the time. OP had been muted for the past several minutes, and had forgotten about this. He then pressed the mute/unmute button (which unmuted him) and farted, such that his friend heard him. His intention was to mute his own mic to not have his friend hear him.

iAmPaul 49

Hahaha all those downvotes for no legitimate reason.

Willibobs 33

#31/#42 you're downvoted because you start by making out like #23 is wrong, then go on to make pretty much the exact same point but in a longwinded way. Making you look like an absolute mitmot in the process.

@iamPaul jesterinperil's comment: " OP muted their own microphone, probably as to not interrupt. They didn't mute their friend's sound." iamPaul's post: "Looks like you're the one who doesn't get it. OP could hear his friend all the time. OP had been muted for the past several minutes, and had forgotten about this." So your response was to tell the person explaining that it was the OP's microphone that was muted prior to the attempt to mute and not that the OP had muted the sound of their friend talking, that they didn't understand that the OP had his microphone muted. Do you understand "all those downvotes for no legitimate reason." yet ? I'll explain further explain just to be sure. jesterinperil understood the FML as it stood but was explaining to people who weren't understanding that the OP had their microphone muted,and why they may have muted it, not that they had muted the sound and were ignoring what their friend was saying. So all those down votes were because you failed to understand what jesterinperil was saying while claiming they failed to understand the FML.

NO, #31, you don't get it. OP muted their Mic so their friend couldn't hear whatever it is they didn't want them to hear. If OP had muted their friend for several minutes that would mean OP couldn't hear anything, therefore they wouldn't have been able to forget it was muted because OP COULD STILL HEAR THEM TALKING!! Jeeze. Think about it people, it doesn't make any damn sense. Sorry for the obnoxious caps yelling.. Oh wait, I'm not, dumbasses.

iAmPaul 49

49, 50, 64 - You're all absolute ******* morons. I understand perfectly well what the FML stated. You all have no goddamned idea what you're on about and you all have no concept of a rational thinking process. Especially you, 64, you can **** right off back to crazy town.

For others hating on the guy, he meant muting the mic. It's obviously not muting her. And that's reasonable. You can't blame him for having to fart and him being considering

To be fair, she should have said something sooner about you being on mute. Sucks op

iAmPaul 49

That's why I prefer PTT (Push-To-Talk) instead of mute/unmute.

Tell her that problems are like farts. Stinky, sometimes hard to get through, and uncomfortable when you're with others. If you dwell on it, it lingers, but after a while e smell disappear. Then finish it off by saying that her problems will be okay, because you'll always be there for her.