First impressions

By pdnne - 12/05/2009 05:48 - United States

Today, I had a really important job interview, and as i was about to leave for it my mom told me to remember to make eye contact. As I was walking in, it was the only thing I could think about, so looking directly at him my foot hits a lip in the floor and my head slams into his desk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 998
You deserved it 7 755

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ha ha! Well at least you made an impression. Too bad it was on his desk.

hollly shit...did you still get the job? Hope you're okay :)

Comments

Yea... she probably should of told you only needed so much eye contact.

couragewolf9001 0

Fear is for the weak. You can make eye contact and maintain common sense at the same time.

Curtieeeez 0

Haha, that's pretty failish. Hope the rest went okay. (:

couragewolf9001 0

Now you can blackmail them into the job. An injury in a workplace at any time or for whatever reason is money in the bank.

You need a good recovery when something like that happens. I too did someone extremely embarrassing in a job interview once. After it happened, I smiled and said "... Well now thats out of the way" and continued talking. I got the job, too. As an employer myself now, I can tell you that its almost like a test to see how someone recovers after a slip-up. It tells us a lot about them as a person. We know you don't normally walk around all day, falling over hitting your head on desks.

that's happened to me. it was a huge interview and I was one of two hundred or so people and turned up even tho I was unwell, threw up on the interview panel and still got the job!!

Aww your poor head! I hope you were able to get through the rest of the interview and didn't have a concussion from that.