Emotional

By skyeraven - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - South Africa - Cape Town

Today, an elderly man had to give me money to pay for my grocery bill because my sister broke down crying in the store as I didn't have enough money to pay for both her milkshake and cookies. She's 19. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 309
You deserved it 4 750

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'd have refused the money, can't have people break down crying each time they don't get a milkshake and cookies.

Hopefully, at the very least, your sister thanked him profusely... How can someone do this when they're already a grown adult?

Comments

ariiewilliams 17

She had to have her milkshake. How else is she suppose to bring all the boys to her yard?

Coeliacchic93 21

if she acts like this regularly the milkshake will be the only thing brining the boys to her yard.

I would have just walked away from my sister if she was acting like that. Your sister seems like a spoiled brat. She needs to grow up and learn that she can't always get what she wants in life.

If you don't have money why do you need the cookies and milkshake? I am quite sure she could have done without

tayymeds 23

Maybe she shouldn't be eating cookies and drinking milkshakes if she's gonna act like that. She didn't deserve that mans kindness

I would've been so pissed and embarrassed. Especially with her being an adult. Tell her to get a job, pay for her own milk shake and cookies and to quit guilting people at the grocery store to buy her junk.

Maybe it's her time of month? Even if it wasn't, I can understand why she wanted her milkshake and cookie, since they are awesome.

her period has nothing to do with it. people need to stop blaming womens outbursts on periods and pms. there are other VALID excuses: she could be mentally ill, spoiled and only knows how to cry to things, pregnant, possibly diabetic.

I would just like to point out that the FML only says that her sister broke down crying. It does not say that her sister broke down crying and threw a tantrum. She could have easily just been basically calm standing there crying. I have found that near that time of the month it's really easy to reduce me to tears over the simplest thing but that doesn't mean I pitch a fit every time I cry. It means the tears start whether I want them to or not and even if I know it's something stupid to cry about. I also find that once the crying starts it tend to make it worse the harder I try to stop crying so it's better to just let the tears run their course. I'm not saying that it's the reason here but people need to remember that period hormones are basically just pregnancy hormones light. They hit some people harder than others.

Compromise with a cookie milkshake next time what a nice man to help with that though...

NineeCat 32

She sounds pathetic. You should talk some 'grown up' sense into her! If she's too childish to comprehend your big girl words, then maybe a time out will do.