Dude, WTF?

By Okay_Then - 01/01/2014 23:49 - United States - Grand Rapids

Today, a customer started a conversation by telling me how smart he'd heard I am, and finished it by explaining his theory that only smart people commit suicide. He then gave me a knowing look and said, "Just something I thought you should think about," and left without buying anything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 132
You deserved it 3 042

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ByronJess 17

I bet there was some dead air after that conversation.

At least people think you re intelligent!

Comments

Intelligent people are more susceptible to depression as well, but that doesn't mean you're destined to be unhappy. Being called smart is a compliment, forget about the rest and move on.

I guess he at least is safe from suicide attempts then...

Well, everyone knows how frustrating it is to work with people who don't understand how to do something right... Now just imagine how bad it must be for smart people, where most people seem like idiots to them.

arandomusernameaa 20

I believe the depression side of things about being clever, is that you realise how tiny you are compared to the rest of the universe, and therefore feel less important and have no meaning :3 that's just how I feel though -_-

I think only stupid (or sick) people commit suicide. I can't think of any legit reason for throwing my life away.

"only stupid or sick people commit suicide". oh really? what about perfectly normal people, who get bullied, tortured by words and deeds. people who used to love their lives untill their "friends" stabbed them in the back with a knife and went telling lies about them, ruining their lives, made them lose almost all of their friends, kicked them even harder when they were already down. there's a reason people commit suicide, it's not being selfish, or idk.. but when you've had enough, you've had enough. I, personally respect the people who've done it..

Many people believe suicide is a selfish act because they'll be hurting their loved ones, and leave them constantly wondering what they could have done to help. "Why didn't I see the signs?". Others think it's cowardly because to them, they're too weak to push on. They should have tried harder, let the constant insults, threats, and humiliation roll off their backs... You're right. People with suicidal thoughts feel that enough is enough. Constantly trying to dig yourself out of a hole, scratching and clawing their way past the torments they've suffered... It gets exhausting. Yes, some who commit suicide are indeed "sick", but the others are just fed up. Enough is enough.

At least you're still smart after this.

JokersHQ 21

Wow, that would have taken a lot of effort not to say something rude to him if I were in your position! Some people are just rude like that! Sorry about that OP!

Well that's kind of, uh, odd. Haha. Weird customers. That's what happens when you work with the public I guess.

well hes smart, so he should know these things.....