Do what you gotta do

By Anonymous - 27/03/2020 23:00

Today, my university's dorms closed due to COVID-19 and when I asked my parents if I could stay with them, they said no because, "we're social distancing." They weren't joking, I have nobody else to stay with. I'm now legitimately living in a tent under a bridge until this pandemic ends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 677
You deserved it 146

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Amanda Howard 9

Home is still your permanent address. They cannot evict you without legal notice that usually requires 60 days.

Comments

How many college students do you know that can afford to live in a hotel for weeks on end? Even with discounted weekly rates?

Amanda Howard 9

Home is still your permanent address. They cannot evict you without legal notice that usually requires 60 days.

Wow! I'm sorry about that. Could you try talking to them again? Maybe they didn't notice that their "no" meant you would go homeless for the period. Meanwhile, you could try and contact your university. Here where I live, the university's dorms and restaurants also closed down - but the colleges are helping out the economic vulnerable people (you need to subscribe to receive the aid and show documentation proving your status). Anyway, wish you all the best!

Remind your parents that you are likely to pick their nursing homes. There are many horrible ones out there that will make their last years hellish, and preserve more of your inheritance.

don't you have a key to the house? just go and let yourself in.

wow nothing like family love... boi not😪

Seeing as how op is in college their parents are old and more susceptible to getting covid. Like my 51 year old father. Op could be a carrier and not have any symptoms so...they’re just ass out like other people

julfunky 29

Yes, my child living on the streets sounds preferable than to take a slight risk. Screw them, right?

I’d definitely say talk to your university. Many have programs to help students misplaced by the virus right now. Start with reaching out to your RA or residence hall director (if you don’t have their info it should be online somewhere).

Obvious answer is move your tent to their yard.