Dickwad move

By solo it is - 30/09/2023 19:00 - United States - Hesperia

Today, I’m 8 months pregnant. The father says the he won’t come to any more appointments, the baby shower, or even the birth unless his new girlfriend is allowed to be in the room when I deliver. I said absolutely not, so he told me to never call him again, and blocked me. They’ve been together for 2 months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 012
You deserved it 219

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fortunately, a family law attorney will still be able to reach him. I suggest getting one and dragging him to court for child support. If he won't do this the easy way, well, hard way it is then.

Comments

Fortunately, a family law attorney will still be able to reach him. I suggest getting one and dragging him to court for child support. If he won't do this the easy way, well, hard way it is then.

Hi. You refer to him as 'the father of my baby', not as your ex. So, it could have been a one night stand, a friend with benefits, or whatever, we don't know. The fact is, while it would have been great if he was really invested in your baby's life, you have no right to use the baby as a way to keep him involved in your life. Yes, of course he has a duty to financially support his child but you have to accept that emotionally he has moved on.

HUH.... what post did you read?... this is about his GF being in the delivery room. OP never said anything about being with him....

HouseOfM 8

The fact that this seems like a surprise. I'm guessing you didn't know him very well before getting pregnant.

Why not? She could become the baby's stepmom. And, if something were to happen to you (which would be a damn shame), she'd step in to be the mom. As a bonus, seeing you go through labor and delivery will likely ****-block him for a long time!

get to a lawyer ASAP and beat him to the punch filling for custody and child support. there's a reason the new gf wants to be there so bad and it's not for support

Hi Ho,. Hi Ho, it's off to the courthouse you go....