Death wish

By nima - 23/02/2021 02:01

Today, my parents went on vacation and told me that it is "absolutely imperative" that I do the dishes while they are gone. Instead, the sink decided to break and nothing will fix it, so I'm currently writing out my will. FML
I agree, your life sucks 900
You deserved it 114

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So you can't go buy a bucket? Use the bathtub? How old are you?

Calm the **** down, Cinderella. Get a plumber to fix the sink and make sure you give your parents the bill.

Comments

So you can't go buy a bucket? Use the bathtub? How old are you?

No no, let OP write his will. Hey OP. make sure to shower in a tub with hot water and brush your teeth in a sink so you look and smell great when you die!

mccuish 25

OP didn't say the dishwasher was broken, but that the sink was broken. Which means they were going to do it by hand already.

EVR 8

Some houses don't have dishwashers.

Calm the **** down, Cinderella. Get a plumber to fix the sink and make sure you give your parents the bill.

ViviMage 38

My father's "kitchen" didn't have a sink, so they did all the dishes in the bathroom sink. Technically he was living in an old converted mink farm minus the cages, so they only needed water in one room. Odd, but it worked.

xxlk4xx 6

just wash them in the bathroom sink or tub, bonus, fill the tub with soap and water, wash them all then when you're done drain it and spray it down with the shower to rinse them! get a dish towel and and a box and dry them as you put them in the box then go put them away! actually if its just you at home there shouldn't be too many dishes anyway. also contact your parents about the sink and ask them if there's anyone they'd like you to call to fix it.

peterblack67 9

I'm sure there are other sinks in the house.

Nope, only one. OP would have washed it in another if possible, so there must only be one in the whole house!

Do you live in a TV show? I can't imagine any real-world scenario where this would actually happen. One "absolutely imperative" chore; apparently only one appliance available to complete said chore, which conveniently breaks; and a dim-witted protagonist (most likely a teenage boy or a man-child) who doesn't have the necessary gray matter to work out that there are other solutions to this problem. Also, if you and your parents live in a property with a single sink in the whole place, I think clean dishes should be a little further down the list of "Shit I have to deal with".