Daisy don't give a ****

By Dogs loose - 02/03/2010 12:17 - France

Today, I found out that there's nothing like having to chase a 100-something pound Bloodhound around the neighborhood when you're 8 months pregnant, with a 3 and 4 year-old in tow. Especially when she runs the other way at the sight of you coming. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 983
You deserved it 4 376

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think you all are being horribly cruel. One, how can you say she deserves it for not using birth control? It's only three kids, I grew up in a three child household. It's NOT a lot. Second, I also had a dog that would escape out of the backyard (by climbing the fence) and run away when she saw you coming. More than likely the OP was chasing the dog to prevent her small children from freaking out and crying about the lost dog. Animals don't always come back when they get hungry, sometimes they DO get lost. While I don't agree with running while 8 months pregnant, what I see is a mother doing her best to keep the other children happy and protect the family pet from possibly getting run over.

PandasRtheShit 0

The real question to be asked here is.. Who let the dogs out 

Comments

youthink_fml 0

YDI for having a dog you can't control.

ThatOneDouchebag 0

dogs aren't easy to train smart one...

kel_pie 1

a 357 mag would have solved that problem real fast.... shoot the kids then chase the dog.... oh wait .. that is shoot the dog then chase the kids ....

saywaturcoco 0

that's sad... well I hope ur baby is healthy!! is it a girl or boy?? u have to tell us!! 14th?

saywaturcoco 0

wow I was abt to be 14 th then a bunch of ppl commented nd now I'm 18 th. : p

KurouTenshi 0

if I saw an ugly ass fat ass pregnant woman coming at me I'd turn tail and run too -_- especially if it were my ex!!

rohosoccer08 1

how are you going to just assume the woman is ugly? pregnant women are beautiful!

KurouTenshi 0

oh no, not for me... I can't stand pregnant women, the oversized belly makes me nausious. and also it was more so a set up for the "or my ex!" zinger LOL but yeah, I don't like women when they're pregnant. *shudders*

stacme 0

Wow. Um.. just so you know, that is not the way you get ahold of a dog that's running away. Dogs naturally run when being chased. It's instinct. If you talk to any trainer on the planet, they'll tell you, don't yell at the dog, don't get angry, and don't chase. The best thing to do is call their name enthusiastically and give them treats when they come to you. Always praise when they come to you. Reward them coming, and don't punish them leaving. It's too far after the fact if you're already chasing them and they won't understand why you punished them for returning. If you get pissed off and yell/cause physical violence, you bet your butt they're not going to want to come to you when you call them. If someone was screaming at you and chasing you, and you knew you'd be in trouble, would you go to them? Absolutely not. So, ydi for not learning how to get your dog to behave before adopting a dog.

simpler method that works for me: lock eyes with the dog, hunker down, and turn and sprint away from the dog. he'll chase you assuming you want to play.

with my dog when he runs off we stop and stand still and quiet and he comes back to look for us, we never trained him to he just does...

ashleympenrose 0

Bloodhounds are very different dogs. You can't just yell their name and try to give them treats. They run because they have a scent. You have to chase them because no matter how many treats you offer them they aren't going to give up that scent. They were made to smell

Wow, umm... You're a jerk, please do stop posting.

I hate it when the dog runs off like that. My puppy does that sometimes. He wants to smell stuff and ignores me. So I get some dry dog food in a dish that makes noise when I shake it.

perdix 29

It's obvious from your growing brood that you can make your husband come on command. You should be able to do the same with your dog!

knibbsy 4

Good thing OP is from Europe and not by me in the northeastern US, those types of activities are frowned upon above the Mason-Dixon line. Oh wait, you're talking about the dictionary definition...

YDI for a) not having trained your dog properly and b) not having him on the leash when you know he is not properly trained.

wow you're an idiot. the dog could have been in the backyard and escaped. do you put a leash on your dog (assuming you have one) when it's in the backyard? yeah, didn't think so.

youthink_fml 0

If the dog is running down the street, he's not in the backyard now, is he? Talk about idiot. People need to control their pets and they need to control their kids. If you can't, don't have any.

Wow 37 & 78, must be wonderful to be perfect! All parents have a bad day, she was just trying to do her best in a frustrating situation. Maybe jump off the judgmental train & try to empathise?

@78 wow. if you actually read my comment you would have seen that i typed that it's possible that the dog could have escaped. believe me it happens alot. guess you're the idiot.

DizzyLizzy202 0

@78 You must be a twelve year old who's never owned anything living in their lives. My dog Jake constantly escaped the back yard. We would even chain him up to the shed, next thing we'd know the neighbor's would be complained that he was dragging the shed door through their goddamn flower bed! Dogs are smart. They can escape a padlocked fence in three seconds flat, if they try.

ashleympenrose 0

You can't train a bloodhound not to run. They run because they have a scent. You can't train them not to use their nose. And bloodhounds are strong. A pregnant woman would not be able to handle one on a leash. I'm sure it got out of her backyard. She didn't just decide to take it on a walk with no leash

Congratulations on the pregnancy, and next time don't chase the dog. Just calmly walk up and call their name. Dogs instictively run when being chased.

saywaturcoco 0

finally someone who isn't rude!!! thank god that there r ppl like u nd I in this world... or else... wow imagine wat the world would b like....

saywaturcoco 0

I hear you! People are so rude, it's unbelievable! Hahahaha.