Cut these people out of your life

By Anonymous - 19/12/2021 17:01

Today, one of my closest friends is an antivaxxer. Neither I nor my family are guaranteed to survive Covid, even though we are vaccinated, and I just can't understand why she will not get the jab when she knows so many people have died from Covid, while only a handful have died from the vax DUE TO COMPLICATIONS, and now she may hate me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 950
You deserved it 855

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I know, right. These people think it's supposed to be a full defensive shield or something. I equate it to a defensive spell in an RPG, wipes out most of the damage, but not enough to nullify it.

For anyone that’s trying to force someone else to get a shot, doing such is just plan wrong. We all have the freedom to make our own life choices. No person nor government should get to make that choice for us, only ourselves should have any say in such.

Comments

Kick her out of your life. You don't need to deal with that level of selfishness and stupidity.

I know, right. These people think it's supposed to be a full defensive shield or something. I equate it to a defensive spell in an RPG, wipes out most of the damage, but not enough to nullify it.

Met a couple of antivaxxers a few weeks ago. Glad I only had to be in the same room for a few hours only, and that I ma not obliged to have contact with them.

Your "friend," like all anti-vaxxers, is a member of a murder cult. She would rather murder you than defy the cult. She is not anybody's friend, least of all yours.

cpguru24 15

Most ineffective way to murder someone ever ....

She’s not a real friend if she thinks so little of you and your safety.

Unfortunately I had to deal with a very similar situation. I told my friend that I would have to set a boundary where I don’t see them until Covid is no longer a major threat (which, for all we know, could be quite some time). The more you push them to get the shot, the more they will fight it. All you can control are your actions, which means staying away from your friend. Explain why you are choosing that route as nicely as possible. Eventually my friend did get the vaccine and was happy for it (and doesn’t know why they were so against it to begin with). You may get just as lucky.

Yep. These people will only get the shot when the consequences of not getting the shot become severe enough that it's not worth avoiding it.

ElijahAsh 14

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

COVID has killed millions of people, (young and old, healthy or otherwise) and some that do survive it, have health concerns long after (long COVID). Where are you getting the idea that it's not a threat? It's killed 800,000 in the USA alone. It's insulting to those that died and their families and the medical services risking their lives trying to keep people alive and safe. You know this so please, if you're a troll, get a life. If you are one of those anti-vaxxers, get an education. Such a dumb statement clearly dictates you are insufficient in either one or the other.

Thanatos999 3

ok I'm vaccinated, but I can also still carry and give the virus. which means that, since you are vaccinated. you can also. the vaccination is meant to help you have less problems if you get it. of you wear your mask and are vaccinated you are as sage as you can be. just because your friend isn't vaccinated doesn't meant they are carrying the virus, and you should be safe anyway. if the unvaccinated are a big worry then they should all die of the virus if it is that deadly. if the vaccine was so great in the first place why did I get a booster or need one, if the first 2 shots are so great. I did my part, but these are questions you should ask.

cpguru24 15

This is the correct way to respond to this situation. Imagine killing a friendship over this. Of course you have the right to distance yourself and whatever you think is necessary to protect you and your family. Thanks for your sane response Carley.

Aurora25 29

For anyone that’s trying to force someone else to get a shot, doing such is just plan wrong. We all have the freedom to make our own life choices. No person nor government should get to make that choice for us, only ourselves should have any say in such.

She's been taken by the dark side. You may just have to accept for the time being that there be no way you can incentivize her to do the right thing. If it comes down to it, your safety & the safety of your family should take precedence over her feelings.