Cover up

By atsukobo - 02/11/2020 22:59 - United States

Today, after a nasty fight with my military husband, which resulted in mandatory marriage counseling, he told me we needed to talk about the fight. Not talk it over and apologize; talk it over so our stories are consistent when we see the therapist. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 382
You deserved it 181

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This sounds like psychological abuse, TBH. This is kinda uncomfortable.

Depending on the cause and outcome of the fight, he might deserve it.

Comments

Your therapist can't handle the truth! Hoo-hah!

Would you rather be right, or be married? If you make him sound bad, he could end up getting kicked out of the military. After which he would surely dump you... your call.

Depending on the cause and outcome of the fight, he might deserve it.

you don't need to be consistent at the therapist's. he isn't a detective.

This sounds like psychological abuse, TBH. This is kinda uncomfortable.

Look I’ve been there, you probably don’t want to hear it. But you need to leave. It won’t get better the C.O.s will do whatever it takes to keep the members in there and you not press charges. I was young and they threatened to take my kids and give them to my abuser. I believed them I stayed until he separated from the military. 9 month later we started the divorce and I’ve been safe I still had to fight for my kids safety. But in that time he never stopped it got worse.

rotflqtms_ 21

Tell them the truth. Let him squirm. Let him realize what he does WILL get back to them in these mandatory counselling sessions. That should make him too scared to do anything while you start your divorce. He sounds abusive AF.