Cool your jets

By tiredoffamilydinners - 12/01/2012 05:00 - United States

Today, my mom and siblings got into a fight. Being generally quiet and non-confrontational, I stayed out of it. Shortly thereafter, I was yelled at by my mother for being "ungrateful" and "disrespectful." I still don't know what I did wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 621
You deserved it 2 547

Same thing different taste

Comments

Put her in her place. Your mom sounds like a controlling woman.. Don't let people like that walk over you.

Almighty_Chris97 6

Yeah, my mom USED to do shit like that, but I can tell louder. :) Shit*

Yell*..? Lol I'm confused by your correction.. OP seems to be like me, stay humble and it'll pay off in the end.

Ferretface 13

15 is just saying that they can shit louder than their mom.

Oh, this one really takes me back! Had nothing to do with the problem at hand and am instantly grounded for a month just for existing. Ah, parenting...

Ask her what you did wrong then. It might also be that she was just angry and happened to snap at you and might apologise for it when she's calmed down again.

Tht happends to me ALL the time your not alone buddy

Sounds like mother. >.> maybe it's menopause. Lol.

Maybe she thought you acted disrespectful by not defending her.

Clamcreepy 7

That's sux, you've probably should've tried to tell her that you were on her side.

When she yells at you tell her you tried to help

Epikouros 31

Is it Female Psychology Day or something? You may think you did the right thing, but your mother probably got the feeling that you didn't care about her opinion, that you felt superior to both your mother and your siblings - which in her book would be worse than arguing.

RPetro32 0

I think all parents do that. I don't understand it either. As I'm doing dishes I get screamed at for never helping around the house. And if I sit in my room for 30min. my dad comes and ask what I'm hiding from him -.- Parents are crazy, they think everything we do there is an insidious plan behind it.