Close but no cigar

By loner - 07/06/2009 12:28 - United States

Today, I was sitting in class when the most popular girl in my grade came up to me holding birthday invitation cards. I've never been invited to a birthday party, so I was so excited when she handed me a card, only to hear her say, "Mary is on your bus, will you give this to her?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 350
You deserved it 4 710

Same thing different taste

Top comments

panicked 0

That's horrible, but I hate to say: that's how some kids are. You just have to accept it, and move on...and maybe if you feel like it, burn the invite. It's ok if Mary doesn't go to the party. I mean, maybe that girl will think Mary doesn't like her and you'll have your revenge.

Comments

=( Yeah - at least you aren't a nobody and she knows your name when you're in her classes. I once went up to a friend, who was also talking to the popular girl at the moment who said "who the f are you?" and I had to walk away.

Look around the bus. Find somebody whom she really, really WOULDN'T want at her ******* party and give the invitation to them.

If you don't deliver it (if you said you would) when Mary finds out about the party she will go and ask the popular girl why she wasn't invited, then they will know it's your fault she didn't get her invitation......you'll be even less likely to get a party invite from her for any future parties.

HummingBirdsFly 0

I'm doing FYL and YDI FYL because if this is true, then that really sucks. And I really doubt that you haven't been invited to any birthday parties, even if the person who is having is not your friend. YDI because this sounds like one of those classic scenes in those cliche movies. So it sounds made-up. I'm not saying that what the OP posted isn't impossible to occur, but I have seen this happen in movies/T.V. shows several times, so it seems kind of overdone to happen.

Wow what a bitch. Throw your own party but invite her. Yes invite her.

Haha I never realised this actually happened in real life, it sounds like something out of mean girls. Just say 'do it yourself', she shouldn't be so insensitive and bigheaded. I can't actually believe that there are people out there like that.

annaattack 0

Are you like in sixth grade or something? Who cares about getting invited to parties anymore? YDI for being immature.

so how is elementry school going op? like wtf. you dont need to be friends with the popular people. some of them are nice and some of them are bitches but who cares. be friends with people who like your for who and what your are. this fml disgust me because i hate to think people really are this way

annaattack 0