Close but no cigar

By loner - 07/06/2009 12:28 - United States

Today, I was sitting in class when the most popular girl in my grade came up to me holding birthday invitation cards. I've never been invited to a birthday party, so I was so excited when she handed me a card, only to hear her say, "Mary is on your bus, will you give this to her?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 350
You deserved it 4 710

Same thing different taste

Top comments

panicked 0

That's horrible, but I hate to say: that's how some kids are. You just have to accept it, and move on...and maybe if you feel like it, burn the invite. It's ok if Mary doesn't go to the party. I mean, maybe that girl will think Mary doesn't like her and you'll have your revenge.

Comments

awuh_man 0

so not to be rude but you might just be unfriendly you've never been to a birthday party a.k.a. no one's invited you even assholes have friends. so you must be shy, a big asshole, or creepy. just saying

Unless you actually are good friends with the host and those attending, birthday parties tend to be interminable. I would rather not go than attempt to make nice with people I barely know just for the sake of being there. You are better off not going to a gathering with people who apparently have no ability to look beyond their own actions to see how they might be interpreted and who would probably ignore you even if you went. Consider yourself better off and move on.

Leave it to the "popular girl" to always be the huge doucher. you shouldn't care that you didn't get invited.

The correct answer to the inviter's question is "no." That is unbelievable rude. If she is actually popular, then your classmates are incredibly shallow. More likely you simply think she is popular, when actually she is quietly resented by all but a very few.

glassjaw_90 0

Getting invited to those parties leads you down a depressing path in the end anyways. It's still sad, though =P

ziqi92 0

wow, all i suggest is say no. that was unbelievably poor etiquette on her part. even if u were legitimately invited, i doubt u'd have fun at the party bcuz of who she is. chances r, her friends r all like that :( i can also see that u put a popularity status in high regard. DONT, its a one way ticket to loneliness. popular ppl will see u as a poser. unpopular ppl will regard u as a loser. i'm not kidding. an invite to a b-day party means nothing when ur not friends with the person to begin with.

That is about the most cunty thing someone can do in grade school. I'm sorry :( FYL. Doing shit like that is extremely rude. I hope you told her to give it to mary herself.

ummm how old are you? FYL tho...no bday parties?!...EVER?!?!?! wow im sorry

Would you really want to go to a party of someone like that? Would it enrich your life to be friends with such a bitch? Answer to both is NO! Don't worry about skanks like that - in 10 years they'll all have 2-3 kids, live in trailers and be married to an ex high school quarterback who is so dumb he can only get a job now working at dennys. He'll have a drinking problem, she'll self medicate and they will both be gloriously miserable. You on the other hand will be fine - $20 says you end up getting a boob job & becoming one of hef's army. Seriously. You should always be nice to nerds at school!