Boys will be boys

By optimistic2628 - 19/10/2011 14:03 - United States

Today, my 5 year-old twin boys decided to teach each other how to fly off the shed out back. They are still in their pajamas. Batman's arm is broken and Spiderman has a slight concussion. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 036
You deserved it 7 060

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Silly kids, Batman and Spiderman can't fly. I hope they're ok though

How about you watch your children so stuff like that doesn't happen?

Comments

Well obviously. Neither batman or spiderman can fly.

IgotPoked 0

Haha I laughed really hard at the way you said that! I feel bad for the kids though...

Crazy kids. Cute but crazy. Hope they're doing ok.

Who leaves two five year olds outside unattended? I'm sorry, but that's some pretty bad parenting. YDI for sure.

Llama_Face89 33

Honestly? Probably millions of people with fenced in yards.

Parents never cease to amaze me. I'm sure your excuse was "I only took my eyes off of them for a second..." Whenever people say that to me I go through the scene step by step to see just how many seconds their eyes were actually off of their children.

marpay 11

I love when people with no children judge parents. One day you to shall have children and find out how easily it is for them to sneak off and do something bad. It's truly possible that op went to take a shit and they did this while she was in there. It's not like you are going to bring them in so you can watch them while you shit. It is improbable to think that you can watch them 24/7.

Oh boo hoo it's so hard to keep my kids safe! Please. Yes, good parents actually do make a plan to keep their kids safe when they take a shit, because it's not good enough to have two children seriously hurt because you were in the f'n can. Lock the doors. Install gates. Make them play in a nearby room until you're done. If you don't hear them for 2 seconds pull your pants up mid-shit and FIND them. That's what responsible parents do.

What about human ? A parent is only a human, and human do mistakes. Moreover, twins are particalarly difficult to handle. Oh yeah you can add gates and fences... but when you don't have money for that, you don't do that. And even if you have the money, do you really want to trap your kids ? Do you really want them to never know what pain is ? But your not ALWAYS gonna be around. They'll grow up, and unfortunately, they will know pain. And without defense. Ouh yeah, that rocks as parenting responsability !

marpay 11

98- You can plan all you want. Put on a show, get them toys, set them in the next room and that will sometimes work to keep one child distracted long enough for a shower or shit. But five year olds are mischievous, and two of them (boys especially) would be very difficult to keep tabs on. I'm not sure if your parents kept you locked in a room your entire childhood. If they did sorry, but it's normal to allow your children to learn and play on their own. I have a 8 ft fence with locks on the gates in my backyard, but it doesn't mean that 5 year old twin boys wouldn't be able to find trouble back there. Kids do stupid shit. That's why they have parents to help them learn from their mistakes and fix them.

So your children have never in their entire lifetime not had you or someone else staring them down like a guard dog? You seriously never leave your children alone to pee, make a phone call, take a shower? Please let us all know if your children have never, ever, had an accident because of you guarding them at all times. You can tell your kids go play in the next room and sometimes they wander away. If you have a fenced in backyard, it would be perfectly acceptable to leave them alone for a minute or tow. Kids, even toddlers will behave while you watch them and then the moment you turn your back climb their child gates, climb out of their beds etc. My foster child learned how to climb over the guard rails on his bed and made his way to the fridge in the middle of the night. Thank goodness all he did was get some juice but we learned AFTER the fact that we had to put the gate in front of his room door when he slept. Sometimes you just don't know, it has nothing to do with being a bad parent, but being human.

With great power comes great responsibility...

They somehow managed to pick two of the very few superheroes who can't fly.

I understand spiderman getting hurt but I hope batman at least glided for a little before he broke his arm

dontpanic_fml 32

Um. Webslinging. That should have happened

What a completely preventable situation... Ydi, but fml for your boys who have another 13 years with you before they can move out

She can't watch her kids 24/7. Kids do stupid things.

merryhappy1887 20

yea, great, whatever, kids do stupid things but i know my five year old nephews aren't outside unattended climbing on sheds. one, because they KNOW better (thanks to military style child raising) & they don't do shit (like go outside) without asking mom or dad.. two, who leaves their kids alone long enough to come up with a way to get onto the roof of your shed & BOTH of them jump off it? get a ******* clue, this is a PARENT FAIL.

Oh, please. Either you people had sheltered childhoods, or you've completely forgotten what it's like to be a kid. It's very easy to get in trouble, even with responsible parents. Some kids don't understand or believe what their parents warn them about, and they'll do things they were advised against anyway. I did it, you probably did it, pretty much every kid does it. Now if the kids jumped off the shed a SECOND time after learning how much it hurts, then we'd have a problem.

merryhappy1887 20

i didn't have a sheltered childhood, but i also wasn't outside unattended. even if we weren't being watched, we knew better then to do shit like that, cause my mom knew how to lay the law down. there was always an adult outside with us whether it was my parents or one of the neighbor's parents, or whatever. point is, kids shouldn't be outside unsupervised that's how they get up on sheds or get kidnapped or fall in the pool & shit like that. people should realize that this is NOT the worst thing that could have happened to these kids!

Llama_Face89 33

125- Uhh...let's quote the OP together real quick... "my twin boys". Not "my twin brothers". They're OP's sons.