Boozehound

By I get the hint - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff

Today, I found a pamphlet for alcohol counseling on my front door today. I think it was from the guys who pick up my recycling. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 715
You deserved it 12 428

Top comments

perdix 29

Invite them to your next big party. If you are consuming all of that alcohol by yourself: Step 1. Admit you have a problem. . .

Comments

Batterypost - Correct. Liver cirrhosis is a fun disease to have, and I'd suggest everybody try it. Idiot.

I think that means you should cut down on how much you drink. or better still, quit drinking since you are destroying your life drop by drop

Maybe it's time to throw a bad habit away? Perhaps?

Its possible to have fun without drinking! I lived the hard drinking lifestyle myself!

misszombiexx 10

Considering people who don't know you think you have a problem... you probably have a problem. Get some help if you need it, OP. I'm sure they were just concerned.

You dont recycle the empties! You return them!

kiakia0131 23

Perhaps they can't get money for bottle return where they live. (I can't see where OP lives)

As the son of a functional alcoholic I can't begin to express just how wrong you are. Sure, my mum goes to work every day, doesnt get drunk til after 6PM but a lifetime of copious amounts of lager and, currently red wine (she believes its healthier) have taken it's tole. Her body is a wreck and sadly I know that she is going to succumb to something alcohol related. Her life has also become totally: work, drink, pass out. Repeat ad infinitum. Excessive drinking/drugs/anything is a damn problem whether you maintain a job or not.

Sometimes the best advice can come from people that see your trash. They're the ones that see what's actually been going on.

I always think my recycling guys will do the same for my husband and I, maybe you should come over and we can all drink together OP!

That's caring of them. Maybe cut down on your drinking? Or just start smoking weed..

Replacing one habit with another is stupid, no matter how healthy people think pot smoking is. Then he's just going to be alone getting high all the time instead of being alone getting drunk. That's just as bad, he still has a problem and a habitual addiction, and just as sad. Near to get counseling and quit.

Who said OP was drinking alone? And sarcasm seems to go right over people's heads on here.

If you're habitually addicted to something, you'll do it whether people are there or not. I know people like that with alcohol, who have two or three alone on the nights they can't get out. Might not be true, but likely a valid assumption in this case (without more info). Sorry I missed your sarcasm, a lot of people make that comment, but not in jest.

You only need counseling if you are drinking alone. In which case, next time leave them an invitation to join you!