Beyond help

By Anonymous - 03/04/2015 18:43 - United States - Minneapolis

Today, I explained to my sister that the reason she isn't getting job offers is probably because her résumé is in Comic Sans and contains TXT language and a lot of typos. She thanked me for my help by calling me a "clueless horse-fucker" and telling me to shut my mouth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 977
You deserved it 2 511

Same thing different taste

Top comments

joanleesimone 2

See who's ******* horses when she's standing in the unemployment line!

Seems like your sister should start listening to horse-******* then...

Comments

anniemeece 23

Are there really people that exist who think that using Comic Sans and TXT language on a resume will get them a job?! F all of our L.

My uncle works in the Computer Science(CS) industry (and hires programmers). He told me that about half the resumes were complete crap and had misspellings, TXT talk, or the application was obviously written by someone else. The other half he said were reasonably good.(Too bad some applicants brought friends to their interviews, or didn't know a thing about programming)

You might want to add her attitude to the résumé as a reason.

If she uses txt language then she's probably too young to work.. I'm assuming/ hoping she just turned 16..

I had a job at 16. It is definitely not too young to work.

16 is the optimal age to start working. It's also typically the first year you're legally able to work at a lot of places. That's when I started, & it helps to instill responsibility & discipline. So sounds like OP's sister really needs it.

That is when I started working and I have to say that it really helps a teen grow up and be responsible. It also helps a child realize that they won't be taken care of by others in the very near future.....time to learn independence and the importance of taking responsibility for your existence.

No clue why this is downvoted (unless by other txt speak in resume using teens feeling butthurt). Fair point.

That's quite illogical, why would she think you'd want to get it on with her? That's incest.

Hurry and kill her before she can reproduce

I guess she should talk to clue-full horse-******* then!

SauceySarah 30

I can overlook the text language and typos, but comic sans?! Really?! yikes.

Some people need to face challenges on their own in order to grow up.

Omg just reading this, makes me angry. Why so sisters NEVER appreciate hell?! I feel like slapping mine for it! And yet I help her. God damn. Ungrateful piece of shit!

She is step above posting an ad on Kijiji or in weekly shopping news flyers advising employers she is looking for work and to call her ASAP. Especially impressive are the people who indicate they won't get out of bed for minimum wage job must have benefits and a good vacation package and their education barely qualifies them for part-time labor intensive work