Awkward

By Anonymous - 15/11/2009 08:42 - Australia

Today, a neighbour called to say my water tank burst. A colleague followed me home to help, took off his shirt so it wouldn't get wet and climbed through my window to get to the roof. My boyfriend unexpectedly came home as we were emerging from the bedroom. My colleague was still buttoning his shirt up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 569
You deserved it 6 271

Same thing different taste

Comments

I like how He only cared about his shirt why not is pants or shoes. Were they less important. I just think it's fake.

I wouldn't exactly strip down in a friends house just to fix plumbing =S

Agreed. Also, where was the boyfriend during all of this? Was he not warned about the incident as well? Furthermore, why is it 'unexpected' of him to come home? Are you testing this excuse to see if it’s believable?

doggie3 0

that's a great idea, vasage. not.

xoconnie 8

hahahahaha you have ALOT of explaining to do! :/

perdix 29

Was it seeing your colleague with no shirt that made your so-called "water tank" burst? Were you both soaking wet emerging from the bedroom?

SOMsLadyLove 0

Your water tank is on the roof??

Yeah seriously.. who keeps their water tank on their roof? AND climb on the roof through the bedroom window? Seriously, use a friggin' ladder.. or hey, put the tank in the basement LIKE ANY NORMAL PERSON WOULD DO!

Yeah...why was he going to your roof? My water tank is in my basement. And why were you guys in the bedroom?

Well, where I live, we don't have basements. So it's either on the roof or at the side of your house (where mine is), or I don't know where else you could put it here. Anyway, maybe that's the case.

Their water tank would've been next to the house he just went through the roof to get to it.

The poster lives in Australia. Her house isn't built the same as your house. Houses in Australia tend to be a single storey with no basement (what Americans might call a bungalow). My dad lives in Australia and he has a solar-powered hot water heater on his roof. And because the roof isn't so high, it's fairly safe to crawl onto the roof without a ladder.

I've never heard any American call anything a bungalow.

In England most of our water tanks are in our attics because most of us don't have basements.

if you have a tank in your basement you need to have a pump perpetually working to service your water needs, if it's on the roof, gravity gives you the pressure you need. and you can save on electricity.

GR3453m0nk3y 4

is anyone else having problems with the main page??? a bunch of them FML's are blank..... they have no ID number, no names, and the "i agree your life sucks," and the "you totally deserve it" boxes are all the same amount....

lolhahahahhahaaa 0

well if she did he could think he was lieing so either way it could be a fml

Sun_Kissed18 25

Ouch.. thats a tough situation, I hope he believes you. Is the colleague hot?