Away with the fairies

By peoplesuck - 14/05/2009 07:51 - United States

Today, I stayed up all night to study for my anatomy final at 9 a.m. I studied outside the testing room in the hall all night. Apparently, I fell asleep with my headphones on, as my friend woke me up after walking out of the test, asking how I did. 300 classmates walked by and no one woke me up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 132
You deserved it 15 561

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Never stay up all night studying. You just won't remember it.

Just an FYI for the future: it is better to study less and get 6-9 hours of sleep than study more and get less. You will remember things better with more sleep. Studies have shown those that get more sleep, even after studying less did better.

Comments

#6.. The OP could've studied for like 5 days in a row.. and still could've sat there and studied the night before. Some people do cram stuff in like that. #8.. The OP said he was sitting outside the testing room, and IMO I think it's asshole-ish that noone woke him up if he was sitting right there outside the room, and they all walked right by him. And to all of you that said it's the OP's fault, because s/he shouldn't study last minute, s/he said nothing about that, s/he simply stated they were studying outside the testing room. I've studied for a test before for a week, and still studied the night before, it's not irresponsible. Some people do do better when they study last minute, 'cause it's fresh in their mind, it may not be a great idea but if it works it works. S/He was responsible, and it's not entirely their fault for falling asleep after studying, but the OP was sitting right outside the testing room making sure they would be on time, and was studying again to make sure they knew it. Some of you people that say people deserve stuff like this or a lot worse are just wrong, some of these posts people don't deserve at all. You can't tell me none of you have ever studied last minute for a test anyway, so get off your damn high horses and stop being assholes.

lmfao you still would had fail ( Apparently i feel asleep with my headphones wrong)

klumzy_k 0

why would you study right outside the room? thats just stupid

that sucks.. but how can u not wake up with all those student walking pass by you.... i understand you had your headphones on, but still... 300 students!!!

You deserved it, panicked, all-night cram sessions never work.

lmmmr 0

#83- People sleep outside of classrooms all the time. It doesn't say he was sitting in the doorway of the room, clearly indicating that he was intending to go into that room. He was probably in the vicinity, but that is not enough to convince a total stranger to wake him up and ask him if he is late for an exam. If I saw that I wouldn't say anything to him, I would assume that if he had an exam he would not be asleep, or that he was responsible enough to set his own alarm. I am not an asshole for that. It's just common sense to assume that someone has set an alarm during exam week.

takemeaway10 0

300 students mean they really didn't know that you're in their class....

YDI for staying up all night the night before a final.

For anyone wondering how he slept through 300 people walking by, it is possible. I once fell asleep at a concert lol. Soooo loud, but boring, and I was really tired. Some people are just heavy sleepers. And OP: THAT SUCKS!! I really hope they let you re-take it. And why would you study in the hall outside the testing room all night? Don't you have a dorm, or apartment? That's just weird.

mixedcalibaby 0

That really sucks and your classmates are assholes. I'm wondering why the teacher didn't even try, though?