Another fine mess

By Stephanie - 05/03/2010 00:01 - United States

Today, I bought my wedding dress and sat it on the bed while I went to buy matching shoes. When I came home, I saw my soon to be husband on the bed sitting next to my wedding dress. Turns out he spilt Coca-Cola on the dress and was trying to get it out with carpet cleanser. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 675
You deserved it 5 520

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oh fyl but you should of put it up somewhere safe

"Easily"? Have you seen the prices on wedding dresses?

Comments

Erindub 0

He just doesn't want to get married yo

septor82 0
sealed_with_a_sm 2

it's a sign....dun...dun...DUNN!!!

hey at least he was trying to do something.

Okay, then. Call of the marriage for your fiancé spilling Coca Cola on your dress. Geez, he could have been doing your mom on it while staring at child **** on the Internet. There is ALOT of worse things that could happen. And if you're going to complain about something as tiny as that, then I can pretty much guess that he hasn't heard the end of this, and never will. YDI for being a materialistic barbie bitch.

Tomaino 3

FML isn't literally about life-changing horrible events. It's about little miserable things that can ruin your day, and yes, planning a wedding and having something spilled on the dress you plan on wearing on one of the most important days of your life IS a big deal. Stop being so high and mighty. If you can't handle people complaining about things, this isn't the site for you.

Being very upset that a garment, that could easily have cost thousands of dollar, got soiled is not materialistic. In fact I would say NOT being upset would make you an ungrateful, spoiled bastard.

kelekod 1

there's no way it's not her fault. it should have been safely stored Anywhere, there are closets, parents house, storage facility, etc by leaving it out it's her fault. if I left out my laptop and someone stole/damaged it, sure it'd be my fault for leaving it out and i deserve the cost/liability of the laptop.

"Leaving out" as in leaving the laptop on the coffee table? There is not much which could reasonably be expected to happen to it.

AprilHarvee1 0

Really? Well YDI for leaving a white wedding dress on your bed where anything can happen.

Paradoodle 5

first if you see some sort of clothing laying on a bed you usually steer clear, and if you know it's your wife's wedding dress, if it's all white usually give you a clue, then you should be smart enough to keep your soda away from it. I'd have him buy you another dress of the same value or the same one if you can find it. he ruined it, make him buy another one. if he can't afford tell him he better figure out how to get the stain out and make the dress look good as new.