Almost made it

By strugglingartist - 26/01/2013 06:14 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, I came home to find two letters from a publishing house that I'd submitted my manuscript to. The first was congratulatory, stating that my book had been accepted for publishing. The second was apologetic, stating that the first letter had been intended for someone else. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 110
You deserved it 2 360

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tristyxxx 24

Just wait til they get a message saying that they gpt the wrong FML and take this one down.

Comments

ulquiorra102 10

Wow, that was an epic fail on their part. So sorry to hear that, OP. :( But lots of best sellers get rejected at first before the right publishing company comes along. Though why someone decided publishing Harry Potter was a good idea is beyond me...maybe there was a reason it got rejected so many times...

squideth 18

Did you just imply that Harry potter shouldn't have been published? There's nothing wrong with you not liking it, really, but that doesn't mean the whole world should be deprived of its amazingness because you disapprove of it.

ash1rose 11

I am so sorry. I'm an aspiring writer myself and I don't want to imagine that pain.

VampObsessed 16

I know the feeling! I got over a hundred rejections and I sent out even more queries. Keep at it though. I just signed a publishing deal and my book will be in print by the end of 2013. If you have something good, it will happen. You just have to wait for the right one to come along.

I really wish ur story is not on sparkling vampires.

As long as your book is better than Twilight then keep trying. But if its around the same lines then move on to better things and save yourself the embarrassment.

haileybyrd 4

Wasn't this on an episode of, "I Love Lucy"? I'm 100% sure it was.

unlifeoftheparty 10

this might be believable. ..had I not read it a hundred other times.

dionhart 4