Welcome home!

By jeoak - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - India

Today, I was moving into my new apartment. The previous owner had refused to move out until today, and when I got there, I realized I didn't have a key. I was about to call him when I found out I didn't need to; he took the door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 097
You deserved it 2 325

Top comments

This guy seems a little unhinged if you ask me. A pity he had to bolt before you could stop him.

Comments

Looks like he really caught you un guarded.

whole new level of creepy past owners. he owns them all.

At least you don't have to worry about re-keying the locks :D *Always look on the bright side of life!*

Nope, now all he has to do is find a new door! Way easier, right?

Does that mean when somebody knocks on it, they're knocking on his door or yours?o.O

shitty grammar is worth my thumb down, but nice comment anyway is worth thumb up. I didn't thumb you at all. bwaahh I'm not a G-nazi, here's a thumb up. now go back on your mat. and don't eat my shoe.

That's not so bad. All the neighbors can greet you and give you cake. Even without knocking!

strawberrywine22 30

Look on the bright side...no need to worry about locking your keys inside! Plus no more wasting time asking who's at the door!

cryssycakesx3 22

he'll have to get a door at some point...

NotGabe 28

Talk about bad luck. -knocks on wood-

Gives a whole new meaning to "Open House." Hope you get a new door and a plate of brownies, OP. You deserve both, after this!

laya_fml 26

A plate of brownies decorated to look like doors?

I think you need to have a talk with your landlord. It seems like they're a bit careless.

Arm yourself OP. There's a battalion of Jehovah's Witnesses approaching.

Oh god! How will he pretend "he's not home and not answer the door" now?

vencku 13

There should be a bathroom door. He can be very busy in there and so not be able to open that door. He can even produce smells to drive them away from the building altogether if he wants! It's the right room for it.