Understanding

By Vince - 27/03/2022 12:00

Today, my parents told me they won’t be attending my wedding, all because my fiancée is the woman I cheated on my ex with and left her for. What they fail to understand is that people and hearts change. It wouldn’t be fair to remain by my ex’s side while being in love with someone else. FML
I agree, your life sucks 303
You deserved it 2 520

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rotflqtms_ 21

Either way, you still CHEATED. The proper thing would have been to BREAK UP with the now ex THEN start a relationship with the woman you now love and intend to marry. Had you just dumped the now ex and started dating your now fiancee, I'm sure your parents would not have an issue (unless they genuinely just don't like your fiancee). I think the issue was with the fact that you cheated and are now trying to justify it. Cheaters are the worst!

I bet in a few years, your heart will change again.

Comments

Still a dirty cheater. Once a cheater always a cheater and you'll probably cheat on this person too.

Pretty sure your parents object because of the you being a cheating scumbag part, not that you fell in love with someone else. You know you can develop feelings for someone and then not act on that until well after you split from your current partner, right? Who cares if you fell in love, dude, you cheated. You should have had the decency to leave the first girlfriend before hopping onto the second. I also wouldn't attend your wedding. Why would I put money into going to something you're probably gonna **** up in a few years anyway?

ShortCaffinatedTitan 11

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. You cheated but it wasn't fair to stay with your ex while loving someone else???? What wasn't fair was you leading her on while you had "fun" else where. You deserve this and worse. Your parents are right to not stand by you on this. I'd disown you if you were my family.

Dirtysalamander1 13

once a cheater, always a cheater

Hey, glad you found a way to rationalize it to yourself so that you can live in your head without being a bad guy. Good for you. /s

If your heart changed before you cheated, the right thing to do would have been to end the relationship rather than cheat. ydi100%