Trauma

By SkipLegDay - 03/08/2016 08:48 - New Zealand - Palmerston North

Today, my untrained legs have been traumatised by the sudden regime of squats, mountain climbers and lunges I have been putting them through. I literally just have to trust-fall back onto the toilet and hope for the best, because my legs don't have the strength to support the gradual descent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 405
You deserved it 3 308

Same thing different taste

Top comments

leagacysgirl 19

It gets better. Keep up the good work!

Once you get to the point where you can work them out then through what you did already but very lightly. Like do less reps, no weight, but just do something to lightly work them. It will really help with soreness.

Comments

Atta boy! Keep up the work, start doing sleds as well, I did legs+sleds yesterday and I'm definitely feeling it

Ah. The good ol' jelly legs. It'll go away with time! Just be make sure you take a rest day.

Epsom salt baths/ ice baths are your best friends

Friend don't let friends skip the leg day.

Don't listen to these guys OP, I do leg day insanely heavy every week with a new routine every month so I understand. Just learn to laugh it off and remember to stretch and do some active recovery. Swimming and sauna is also amazing to help it all along. Also for those of you wondering what insanely heavy means for me, my personal best for incline legpress is just under 400 kilos so that gives you an idea.

I feel ya. I've started doing 20 minutes walking on the treadmill every day (I just can't run) in addition to other exercises. My legs ache every day, although not to the point of being unable to walk. And even though it's late, I'm feeling bad about skipping my arms workout today.

I've been at band camp all week and tbh, same

spinster5 17

I think you're confusing the definitions of regime and regimen.

Good for you for trying to get in shape! It will get better, but try doing less weight/reps to help with soreness in the future.